Chapter 2: "My Name Is Ariel Atla"

One Week Later

Urchin was sitting in his olive green swim trunks out on Atlantica beach building a sandcastle. He was close by to his new home and "The Grotto." Atlantica beach was warm and busy that day... Like it had been for the past week.

Uncle Jake was busy running in "The Grotto" like he has been for the past week. The wait staff, bussers, hosts, hostesses, and cooks of the eatery were also busy like they have been for the past week.

In the attached retail shop, he saw the retail staff working their parts in it.

The people that went to eat there really enjoyed the food and the place all over it looked like. And the people who went to buy things from the shop seemed happy with their purchases.

All the staff that worked in "The Grotto" as a whole also looked like they were having fun too.

"The Grotto" was indeed both the best surf shop and beach restaurant and bar in all of Atlantica, California. His mom and Jake were right about that for sure!

Urchin wanted to help out at "The Grotto." But uncle Jake told him that he was too young to help at the moment.

Sometimes if it wasn't so busy, Urchin would help him bring like a few sandals, some necklaces, and other small/simple nonfragile things to put in the shop.

But it was only if Jake was there with Urchin doing the same things alongside him.

So Urchin was going to have to wait till he was grown up to work there without having uncle Jake with him--in other words when he was at least 15-years-old.

Since Uncle Jake told Urchin that he had to be at least that age, to work in either of the two places on his own.

So Urchin was playing in the sand close by to the shop side instead. As he was told to do so by uncle Jake, because if he wasn't able to fully supervise Urchin at the moment. The rest staff in either the eatery or retail shop were able to help out Jake with any supervision of him.

Either way though... Urchin was seen playing by himself.--But it wasn't by choice just so you know.

Urchin really had tried to make some friends around the area... But most of them didn't seem interested in being friends with him.

Also "The Grotto" staff wasn't able to play with him either--Even during their break times. Uncle Jake couldn't play with him until after closing hours... Which wasn't so bad if Urchin had to be honest.

But with no one really else to play with for the entire week, since Urchin moved in to live with his "uncle." He really only could play by himself at the moment.

While his time with uncle Jake after "The Grotto" was closed for the day was a lot of fun.

Still... Urchin really would like to have friends with--Preferably ones who were the same age as him that is.

And maybe... Have a very close friendship with them that can last for a long time... Even better for a lifetime!

A friendship that was just like his mom's and Jake's friendship.

Actually with that said... Urchin didn't even care if they were girls even to be honest.

If they could be a great friend to him, did it really matter what their gender was?

Also, kindergarten was starting up in late August... So Urchin would like to have made a least one friend who was also a 5-year-old.

Then again... Back when Urchin lived with his mom he didn't have any friends there either.