Chapter 6

4. Shocking the Students

BPOV

I woke up the next morning in Edward's embrace. As I began to stir, he released me. I opened my eyes to find myself staring directly into his gold ones. He smiled and my heart flipped.

"You stayed! You're real! You're wonderful!" I was beyond ecstatic. I was positively euphoric. His eyes flicked to my lips. I stopped breathing. Would he kiss me? He gently lowered his lips to mine. I threw my arm around him, trying to hold him there, though I knew it was futile. He didn't pull away. Our lips moved against each other, the sensation incredibly pleasant. He pulled away as I started to feel lightheaded.

"Breathe, Bella," he reminded me with a chuckle. I quickly relieved my screaming lungs. "Time to get up and get ready for school."

"Are you sure we can't just stay here and practice kissing all day?" I begged.

"I guess the book was right about you," he teased, running his fingers down my cheek. I groaned. "I've decided not to be such a prude. Obviously, it ispossible to be intimate with one another while you're still human. I'll have to work into it slowly, but not as slowly as I did in the book."

I felt relieved and amazed at this incredible man who wanted me, needed me, loved me. And he was all mine. Forever. And he wanted to be intimate with me. I was willing to work into it. We could take it slowly. As long as we were making progress, I wouldn't ask for more.

"Okay, time for my human moment. I'll see you at school?"

"Count on it!" he exclaimed as he jumped out the window.

Today was going to be an incredible day.

EPOV

Jasper kept giving me funny looks on the way to school, but none of the others paid attention to me. After we went our separate ways, I returned to the parking lot to wait for Bella. I heard her truck long before I saw it. I was going to have to do something about that old thing, as soon as she would let me. Maybe for Valentine's Day?

Her eyes lit up when she saw me, and she headed straight for me after she parked. We walked side by side into the school.

"First test," I whispered, as I held the office door open for her. Her eyes widened as she remembered the first day's office scene from Twilight. She entered confidently anyway and went right up to Ms. Cope's desk. I followed her in, allowing the door to close behind me.

"Hello, I'm Bella Swan. Today's my first day, and I need to pick up my schedule," she greeted Ms.

Cope with a smile.

"Ah, yes, Charlie's daughter, right? I'll just print it out for you. So what do you think of Forks so far?"

"I'm optimistic that I'm really going to like it here," Bella stated with a grin.

What a nice girl. So pretty too

"Here you go, dear. I hope you have a great day!" she enthused, handing Bella her paperwork. Bella thanked her, subtly holding up her schedule so I could read it.

"Wait in the hall for me," I whispered as she brushed past. Her scent had permeated the small room, but I was still under control, thanks to all the time I had already spent with her.

Mrs. Cope saw me waiting and beckoned me forward. "What can I do for you, Edward?" Anything and I mean anything. No, no. Too young. But so hot!

I deliberately dazzled her, summoning up all my charm. "I really need to change my schedule, Mrs.

Cope."