~14~

"Sapnap?"

"Is George sleeping again?"

Dream quirked an eyebrow, gazing at the sleeping boy on his chest. "How'd you know?"

Sapnap chuckled, obviously proud of himself. "You're whispering again."

"Oh."

It was the next morning, and warm sunlight was peeking through the curtains, causing lines of gold to cast across the lounge room, highlighting the cuddling form of Dream and George. Dream had moved one of his hands to cover George's eyes, making sure that the brunette wasn't disturbed by the strong beams of light, and would stay asleep.

Dream shuffled a little, rolling his stiff shoulders. "Are you packing right now?"

Sapnap hummed, and there was a scuffle from the other end of the line. "I'm just putting my clothes away. I should be back home sometime tomorrow," he paused, and when he spoke again, his voice was clearer, but quieter. "How's George? Karl's been worried sick. He thinks he did something wrong."

Dream frowned. "Why does he think he did something wrong?"

"He kind of yelled at George during the last phone call, and then we could hear him drop the phone. A minute later we heard you call his name, and then you hanged up," Sapnap retold. "You said you would call back, but you didn't. You called Tommy and got him to end his stream instead."

Dream nodded, slightly worried about why Karl yelled at George, and felt guilty for keeping Sapnap in the dark by calling Tommy instead of him. "George collapsed again, but he's okay. We're back at home now," Dream explained, holding in a sigh. "George has been getting better, and hasn't been in too much pain. The doctors put him on some medication, and he's been resting up."

"That's good," Sapnap was silent for a moment before he spoke up again. "When's he due for surgery again?"

"Tomorrow in the afternoon, close to when you're supposed to arrive." Dream replied.

"How long will the surgery be?"

"Probably around two hours, no longer than four, depending on how well it goes." He answered, suddenly nervous.

What if it doesn't go well? What if the problem was bigger than Dream thought, and George would have to be placed in the Intensive Care Unit, close to those hundreds of COVID patients that are on their deathbed? Would George be dying, too?

"I can hear you thinking through the phone, Dream," Sapnap sighed, and Dream snapped out of his mind, back to reality. "Look, George will be fine. I've done some research, and cyst removal is genuinely a common and easy procedure, depending on how big it is."

Dream lowered his gaze, and brushed some of George's hair off his forehead. His hair has gotten long recently due to him neglecting to cut it. He said that the fans liked it better when it was a little longer and reached his eyebrows, and Dream couldn't help but agree, loving his fluffy and wild hair, which looked like it could be straight out of an anime.

"George will be okay. He'll be in good hands, and you'll be with him when he wakes up," Sapnap continued. "You'll both be okay, and I'll be there when you get home to help out and be the biggest hardcore third wheel the world has ever seen."

Dream snorted quietly and rolled his eyes at his friend's teasing. "Tell Karl that I'm sorry for stealing you from him a week early."

Sapnap chuckled, and Dream thought it was probably a little too cheeky. "Don't worry about it, Dream. There's no need to apologise."