03

✩。:*•

✩。:*•.───── 🎀 ─────.•*:。✩

STANDING INFRONT OF THE school gates of Inarizaki High, our team marveled at the largeness of the school. Kita Shinsuke, the captain of Inarizaki's volleyball team, warmly welcomed us and guided us on a small tour before leading us to the volleyball gym.

Entering the gym, the air buzzed with anticipation as everyone eagerly prepared for the upcoming match. Burdened with a few heavy items, I struggled to make my way towards the benches when Kita approached me, offering assistance. "Let me help you," he spoke softly, extending a helping hand. Although I initially declined, he insisted with a kind smile, and I was left with accepting his help.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

After a thorough warm-up, the much-anticipated practice match finally commenced. The gymnasium buzzed with excitement as the clash between Inarizaki High and Aoba Johsai was about to begin. The crowd, a sea of eager faces, anticipated an intense showdown between these two powerhouse teams.

The first set kicked off with Aoba Johsai serving. The ball soared across the net, initiating a flurry of precise passes and thunderous spikes. Oikawa Tōru, Aoba Johsai's captain, my brother, orchestrated the plays with finesse, showcasing his strategic brilliance. On the other side of the court, Inarizaki's captain led his team with unwavering composure.

The exchanges were fast and furious, each team defending greatly. Kyōtani, Aoba Johsai's ace, unleashed his signature powerful spikes, challenging the Inarizaki blockers. However, Inarizaki's dynamic duo, The Miya twins, responded with a synchronized attack that left the Aoba Johsai's players in surprise.

The tension escalated as the set neared its climax. Suna Rintarō executed a perfectly timed block, not allowing Aoba Johsai to score a crucial point. The gym echoed with cheers and gasps from the spectators. In a nail-biting rally, Aoba Johsai managed to narrow the point gap, thanks to Oikawa's precise sets and Iwaizumi's  powerful spikes.

The scoreboard displayed a tight score, 24-23 in favor of Inarizaki. The decisive moment arrived as Aoba Johsai prepared for a crucial serve. The gym fell into hushed anticipation. The ball sailed over the net, but Inarizaki's defense held strong. A quick set from Atsumu to Osamu culminated in a thunderous spike that found the gap in Aoba Johsai's defense. Inarizaki claimed the first set, 25-23, sending ripples of excitement through the crowd. The players exchanged determined glances, ready for the next set that promised even more thrilling rallies and strategic plays.

The volleyball court transformed into a battleground, and the clash between Inarizaki High and Aoba Johsai unfolded as an electrifying spectacle, leaving the spectators on the edge of their seats.

My attention remained laser-focused on the game, noting every nuance for future improvements. Watching the intense practice match, the performance of a particular grey-haired player, number 11, captivated me. His spikes were a force to be reckoned with, each one powerful and spectacular. The dynamic duo of the twins showcased an incredible blend of power and energy, living up to the praise that preceded them.

Minutes later, the second practice match began. Aoba Johsai, fueled by the determination to win this match. My brother's orchestrated plays with a tactical brilliance that left the Inarizaki defense scrambling to respond.

Kyōtani, fueled by the desire to redeem the first set, unleashed a barrage of powerful spikes, keeping Inarizaki on their toes. The court echoed with the thunderous clash of the teams, each refusing to yield an inch.

The Miya twins, attempted to counter Oikawa's strategic sets. However, Aoba Johsai's blockers, led by Iwazumi, showcased an impenetrable defense that thwarted the twins' attacks.The score remained neck to neck, with neither team willing to concede. As the set progressed, Aoba Johsai pulled ahead with a series of clever feints and precise serves. The crowd erupted into cheers as Aoba Johsai reached the crucial point of 25, securing the set with a score of 25-22.

The gymnasium vibrated with excitement and anticipation. The players exchanged determined glances, fueled by the fierce competition and the desire to claim victory. The match had become a battle of wits and skill, with both teams pushing their limits to emerge triumphant.

As the teams prepared for the pivotal third set, the atmosphere in the gym became charged with energy. The spectators eagerly awaited the continuation of this thrilling showdown between Inarizaki High and Aoba Johsai, unsure of which team would ultimately emerge victorious in this intense volleyball clash.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Post-match, the Inarizaki team engaged in a friendly chat with us. As we packed up to return to the hotel, some decided to head back, while others opted to dine out. Catching up to my brother, I inquired about the dinner plans. "Are we eating out?" I asked, and he nodded affirmatively.

Just as we prepared to leave, a voice from behind startled me. Turning around, I found Kita, accompanied by the Miya twins. "Do you guys' mind if we tag along?" Kita asked, and I quickly turned to greet them with a bow. Miya Atsumu introduced himself, and his twin, Miya Osamu, with a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Oikawa Akira," I replied, glancing back at my brother, who seemed to be eyeing Atsumu with a hint of suspicion.

TO BE CONTINUED

✩ ᵕ̈ ིྀ ! 03 •˙ ⌗ ⊱