6. Blood Waltz

"Your Majesty, Yoo Jonghyuk, the protagonist, has arrived." A man with a horn emerging from his head was kneeling down neatly, not daring to gaze at the Demon King on the throne who had his leg crossed lazily.

When Jonghyuk's presence was mentioned, the demon king's face lit up with a cheeky grin. The servant bowed once again and walked away wordlessly.

He shook his head in understanding and peered all around the resplendent ballroom packed with incarnations and demons. His gaze was diverted to a fine young man in black attire with a grimace on his face as he entered the ballroom at a hasty and sharp pace.

"Aren't you going to greet your ever-lovable protagonist?" In the Demon King's left ear, a mocking voice whispered.

He shifted his attention irritably to the woman who was standing beside him casually. Her face is small, with sharp canines and a beauty mark underneath one of her eyes.

"May I remind you, Han Sooyoung, that your loving girlfriend is presently waiting for you on the balcony?" Kim Dokja mocked her by raising his brows and spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"Fuck you."

"Not interested,"

Han Sooyoung stormed away, her ears as scarlet as a cherry, if not more so.

Kim Dokja undoubtedly said that, so try not to acquire a headache from her quips and jokes.

The urge to tease Han Sooyoung was strong, but he opted to focus his attention on the protagonist, who was captivating everyone's gaze. He doesn't blame anybody because the protagonist's dominance is too great to withstand, and he doesn't blame himself for once looking up to Jonghyuk as a role model.

From his mother, he had read and heard endless stories about the heroes. He aspired to be like each of them and looked up to them, but faith was never on his side.

Kim Dokja bitterly chuckled at those thoughts.

[All Hail the protagonist]

Silence

Kim Dokja's laugh instantly attracted the ballroom. The music stopped, everyone paused whatever they were doing, and everybody's gaze shifted to the laughing Demon King on his throne.

Kim Dokja narrowed his eyes and scowled down, causing everyone to glance away from him and down only at the floor. The twinkling black floor appeared to be more intriguing than everything else.

[Jonghyuk-ah, it seems you aren't as well-liked as I had anticipated.]

With his frigid and harsh tone, the Demon King giggled at his joke.

Yoo Jonghyuk made his way up the stairs towards Kim Dokja, who was looking directly at the protagonist with a sly smirk on his face. Yoo Jonghyuk groaned in frustration and let out a huff.

The protagonist bowed gracefully with his left hand behind his back and extended his right hand to the antagonist.

"May I have this waltz?"

Kim Dokja's eyes glistened with glee. He tried so hard not to snicker, but he couldn't help himself. He cleared his throat and placed his soft and slender hand on Yoo Jonghyuk's rough and scarred palm, sensing Jonghyuk's displeasure.

"You absolutely may."

Everyone's eyes were drawn to the lovely and flawless steps protagonist and antagonist took as they glided down the stairs. They looked at them with skepticism.