Part Four

An incessant buzzing pulls you from the depths of your slumber. Tips  reaching out for your phone to slip it from the coffee table and hit  answer, your voice nothing more than a sleepy mutter. "Hello?" A deep  chuckle rumbled down the speaker and instantly, your eyes shot open.  "Did I wake you, honey?"

Your body bolted upright and immediately,  you felt more awake than you had moments ago. "Steve?" Then an  apologetic whimper. There was this feeling of embarrassment that  surrounded you. The last thing that you wanted to do was seem like  someone that just slept in all day. Of course, you had been napping all  day, but usually, your day was packed with running errands, writing and  doing your job. "Oh, no... No, you didn't wake me. I was just watching  TV." You found yourself cringing at the stressed edge to your voice.

"That's  good then. I wouldn't want to interrupt your precious rest." A warming  feeling filled your chest as a tiny smile tugged at your lips. "I know I  left it a little late to ask, but you busy tonight?" A breath hitched  in your throat. "Was hoping that we could go on that date that your  friend promised I could take you on..." The memory of Wanda hastily  agreeing to let Steve take you out on a date flashed into the back of  your mind.

"A date?" Was it right to go out on a date with Steve  when you had only just recently been out on one with Bucky? In the back  of your mind, you could hear Wanda reminding you to have fun and get  back in the dating game... it felt different because these guys clearly  knew each other; that much was evident after you had bumped into them in  the park. "You still there?"

"I'm here..." You announced softly,  gnawing on your lower lip as you had this internal argument with  yourself. There wouldn't really be any harm. It wasn't like you were  exclusive with Bucky and the two of you had only shared a kiss... a nice,  passionate kiss that you'd craved to continue. Focus. "I'd love to go  out with you, Steve. What did you have in mind?"

A hearty chuckle  came from Steve in response. "Well, that's a surprise for now,  sweetheart." The names rolled with such ease off his tongue. It had been  so difficult to get Oliver to want to go out on any dates and usually,  you were just left to plan them and surprise him. With both Steve and  Bucky, they had been very deliberate in planning and organising them.  "I'll pick you up at 7?"

It was certainly an understatement to  say that Oliver's ego had been severely bruised after his altercation  with Bucky. The fact that he had decided to key his very  expensive-looking car wasn't particularly a bright one, but it felt  right at the time, even if it did leave him feeling paranoid in his own  home.

Those following nights, Oliver had thought about calling  those Detectives again, but he was reminded that they weren't  particularly helpful the first time and had implied that they needed  hard proof

Those following nights, Oliver had thought about calling  those Detectives again, but he was reminded that they weren't  particularly helpful the first time and had implied that they needed  hard proof. All there was proof of right now was that Oliver had caused  significant damage to Bucky's vehicle. It certainly wasn't going to do  him any favours involving them or get you back by his side.