Chapter 7: I Really Shouldn't Have Done That

Warning: Self harm is in this chapter

Kate

I had never felt so alive. The full moon had been last night, and I had spent it running around with my friends in the forest. I retreated back to my dorm. No one had seen my murderous roommate since Monday. I was quite interested to know what she had been doing. Rumor had it that she was seen at dinner on Friday, looking like she was dead. I wondered why she had killed those people. I opened my dorm door, and noticed that it was quiet. Completely quiet, which scared me. "Bailey?" I called out against my better judgement. When no one responded, I called out again. Silence. I walked through our bathroom to Bailey's room, and screamed. Bailey was lying on the floor, looking dead. She had blood running from her wrists, and had not transformed. I ran down the grounds to the boy's dormitory, and tried to find Colton, Jake, and River's rooms. I pounded on Colton's Jake's door, knowing that he was already back. "What," He asked me when he answered the door. I noticed that the other two boys were in his room, talking. "I need your help. Bailey's..... Well.... I don't think she's dead, but looks really close to it! We need to help her!" I screamed. My eyes were turning yellow, but I regained my control. "Didn't she kill those people?" Colton asked. There was a pause. "She didn't." It was River, who was on his phone. "What?" We all said in unison. "The police reported that the suspect had long brown hair, and green eyes. Exactly Makenzie's looks," He said, turning off his phone. "I'm going to kill that little-" "WE NEED TO GO, IF WE WAIT ANY LONGER SHE'LL BE DEAD!" I screamed even louder, cutting Colton off. We dashed down the lawn, gaining a lot of looks. I didn't care right now, all that mattered was saving my friend. I busted open the door, and picked up Bailey bridal style. The four of us ran down to the infirmary that our campus thankfully had. We burst through the doors, and a nurse ran over to us. "What's wrong- HOLY CRAP!" She said at the sight of Bailey's lifeless body in my arms. "Can you help her?" I asked her desperately. She nodded, and led me to a bed. I sat Bsileydown, while she held her hands out over her. I shot her a quizzical look. "I've got healing powers," She explained. I nodded. Sometimes A werewolf could have healing powers over other werewolves. "You stay here," I told the boys, and ran out of the wing to find Makenzie chatting to everyone on the grounds. "YOU ARE DEAD MAKENZIE!" I screeched, and walked up to her. "Whatever for?" She asked mischievously. "YOU KILLED THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE AND FRAMED BAILEY!" My rage was out of control. "How- how did- I hid my tracks! No one was supposed to find out!" She said, and people gasped. I ran at her, and punched her face so hard she hit the ground. "No. One. Tries. To. Kill. My. Friend. Without. Paying," I said, punching her after every word. "What do you mean, 'tries to kill?'" Kayden asked me. Clearly he didn't think of Bailey as a monster anymore. "She's in the infirmary right now. She prevented herself from changing by slitting her wrists, and is literally on the brink of death right now, I wouldn't be shocked if they couldn't save her she's so bad!" I screamed. "You all did this to her! Well, I hope you're happy you potentially have someone's blood on your hands!" Silence greeted my ears. I stormed off to the woods. Colton popped up behind me. "It's going to be ok," He whispered into my ear. I had tears running down my cheeks. I pulled him close, and kissed him. We continued until I groaned, and he released me. "That was-" "Brilliant," I finished for him. I chuckled a little. Jake came up behind us. "I've got news," He said. "What is it?" Colton asked. "Bailey's awake, and Blake's back," He said. "Say no more," I told him, held my hand up and dashed to the infirmary. I found a dead looking but very much alive Bailey talking to Blake. I walked over and hugged my friend carefully. "How do you feel?" I asked her. "Like I just got run over by a zillion busses," She croaked out. "At least you're alive," River said seriously. Blake was silent, holding Bailey's hand. "I thought I lost you," Blake whispered, crying. "But you didn't," Bailey whispered, and sat up in bed, and stared straight into Blake's eyes. "God, I really don't know how I broke up with you." They were both crying silently. Bailey leaned over the bed rails, and kissed Blake. "You owe me ten bucks," I told Colton. "I know," He grumbled. "You had a bet on us getting back together?" Bailey said, pulling away from Blake. "So that's all it took to get you to talk with a normal voice," Jake said smugly. "I had you though, I could tell y'all believed that was my voice," Bailey told us. "She wasn't wrong," I said. She smirked. Colton handed me ten bucks. "Thank you," I told him. He playfully punched me in the arm. "Owww," I faked, and kissed him. He pulled me close and kissed me again. "Oi! Get a room! We're still here, you know?" Bailey shouted, making everyone laugh and Colton and I's cheeks turn bright red. "Kate and Colton sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" She sang. "Oh, quit it," I told her, my cheeks going even redder. She laughed. "Glad to see we're a source of humor," Colton said indignantly. I heard someone pleading with a nurse outside. "Please, let us see her!" A voice said. Kayden and his friends. "No can do. It as Bailey's orders to not let in anyone but Kate, Colton, River, Jake, and Blake. Her boyfriend." The nurse emphasized the last word. "Thank you, nurse-who-can't-hear-me," Bailey said. We all laughed at this. Even in not so happy times, Bailey sure could make you laugh. "I'll be back, I just have to do something really quick," I told them, and went down to the grounds where Makenzie was fuming because her plan had failed. "Hey! Yes, little miss the color pink barfed on me!" I shouted, gleeful. Makenzie turned towards me, looking murderous. "You. Ruined. My. Plan." She said, looking madder by the minute. "But, I still won. I have friends and followers, and we will destroy you for this!" She screamed. I laughed. "Honey, nobody messes with us. We will most likely be the ones to make the action first, and all of your 'friends' and followers will run off faster than you can say 'chipped nail polish. Good luck with that!" I said smiling at the sight before me. Makenzie's jaw dropped, knowing I was right. "Bbbyyyyyeeee!" I said, and skipped back to my friends, who had witnessed the whole thing and had to have broken ribs from how hard they were laughing.