19

"I think we should tell Eric that we're from the year 3000. Then maybe he'll understand what we're up against and work with us." Lucas suggested.

"Lucas is right. He's not such a bad guy." Trip agreed.

"I don't know." Wes said.

"Maybe Eric would be willing to help us, but your father won't." Sam said.

"If my father finds out that his Quantum technology is from the future, he'll exploit it for every dime." Wes said.

"That's a good point." Katie agreed. "What do you think, Jen? Should we tell him?"

Jen sighed. "I don't know. I think it's still a bit too hard to trust him. Maybe he is a good guy, but it would also be a huge risk." She said. Everyone nodded their heads.

"Rangers! There's trouble! Eric's Trouble!"

Sam quickly turned to Circuit. "What's happened to him?" She panicked.

"He's been captured. You have to help him!" Circuit said.

"Then let's go." Wes said

As they ran down the stairs, Lucas turned around and could see the worried expression plastered over Sam. He stopped and turned around, grabbing her hand and gently squeezing it. "He'll be alright. We got this." He said. Sam nodded her head and followed him the rest of the way down.

~

As they rose through the mountains on their bikes, the could see the Q-Rex suddenly appear. "What's it doing here?" Trip asked.

"I don't know. But let's hurry and find out." Wes said.

"Come on, Eric." Sam muttered.

The closer they got the more nervous Sam would be. She hoped her brother was okay. She hoped that he wasn't in too much danger.

They reached the end of the bridge and saw Eric by the edge with a mutant and cyclobots surrounding him. "Eric!" Wes shouted.

Everyone turned to the group as they began running toward them. Eric took this opportunity to hop on the ledge and jump down into the water. But the mutant turned to him and shot him in the arm. "Eric!" Sam yelped.

"Don't worry, I got him." Jen said. She hopped onto the ledge and jumped into the water to follow Eric.

"You're gonna regret this." The mutant said. He turned to the Q-Rex and suddenly spoke in Eric's voice. "Q-Rex! Come forward!" He said.

Everyone turned to the Q-Rex confused. "He's using some sorta voice simulator that makes him sound like Eric." Trip said.

"Q-Rex, destroy the rangers!"

The saw the lord stomping towards them. Lucas called for Circuit, and then the magazord appeared. While the megaword fought off the Q-Rex, the others began fighting off the cyclobots. Lucas turned around and saw Sam staring down at the water. "He's fine. He's with Jen. I'm sure she's keeping him safe."

"I'll kill him myself at this point." She muttered.

"You can do that after we save the city. Let's go."

~

After pulling him out of the water, Jen grabbed a rag and began dabbing Eric's forehead. He flinched from the sudden touch and pushed her hands away. "I don't need you help." He said. He stood up but groaned from the sudden pain in his arm.

"Obviously you do. You would've drowned in the river if I hadn't pulled you out." Jen said.

"Well if you think I'm going to thank you, you're wrong." Eric said.