Chapter 1

Quick A/N, the entire story is going to be told from Austin's point of view.
My name's Austin Sanders. While other people my age are more interested into things like football, media, and stuff like that, the only things Im interested in are video games and chess. My job really isn't that bad, considering my brother, Jonathan, is an employee at my job as well.

I was on my way home from work when I stopped at the fast food place I always go to after work, McDonald's. I walked into the building and saw a teen girl. 'Wow, I didn't know they could hire people that young. She looks like she would be in 8th grade.' I said to myself as I walked up towards the counter.

I saw one of the workers there. "Hey Austin! You want the usual?" An employee offered me. I nodded my head as she handed me a cup. I went to go and fill it up and sat down. I was waiting for my food until someone I didn't recognize walked in. I was here everyday, so I've seen at least more than one time. This guy, however, didn't click into my mind. He sat right across from me and just sat there.

It felt weird with him just sitting there. I decided to just play some online chess while I wait for my food. Sure it was only some nuggets and fries, but those could take a while or two. Right when I won the round, that guy came up to me. "I see you play chess too huh?" He said from behind me. I jumped in surprise. Was he watching me play against the bot? I would think if he asked me such a foolish question.

"I do, Austin Sanders, best chess player in the area. Don't get in my way." I introduced to this guy who was just watching me. Right after I got my food, I offered him to sit at the table I was at with me. I didn't know why, I guess it was to be nice.

"I'm Henry Morris, I live right across the street from the Nintendo of America headquarters." He said as I looked at my fries for a while. He lives right across the street from my job? Wow, this guy may not be so bad. "You want to play a round of chess when you finish your food?" Henry offered. I nodded my head and finished my food in a average paste. We took a 20 minute walk back to Henry's house and we sat over at the chess table.

Time Skip since explaining most of the round would be boring

I looked at the board. Damn he's actually pretty good. I moved my Rook over to E5, putting Henry in check. Unfortunately, Henry used his Queen and took out my Rook, putting me in check. After a few more moves, Henry won the game.

"Wow- I haven't lost a round in like 15 years." I said in amazement. We started to put the pieces back the way they were before. "Yea, my neighbors say I'm a pretty good chess player. I'm still a little surprised on how I finally met someone who brings effort into his moves." Henry acknowledged. I slightly blushed at the last statement. I don't know if there's something wrong or anything, but I think I might be in love with the one person who is equally interested in chess as I am.