Chapter 2

I was on my way to work when I heard a mysterious voice. It kept repeating 'Avoid him, or you'll regret it.' I didn't know what that meant, so I ignored it. When I got to work, I saw my brother, Jonathan.

"Hey Austin, why didn't you come home yesterday?" Jonathan asked me. I looked at him confused. I physically remember coming home from Henry's house last night. After Jonathan finished ranting to me about 'not coming home,' we went to our cubicles.

For the rest of the day, I couldn't stop thinking about Henry. His messy black hair, tired expression, everything. Something about him was just, special. When I got off of work, I went by to Henry's. When Henry opened the door, we both smiled at each other. He invited me inside as he got me a cup of tea. After we finished drinking our tea, we played a round of chess. We were halfway through the second round when I got a phone call. I looked at who could possibly be calling me when I saw that it was just Jonathan. I sighed as I declined the call. "Who was that?" Henry asked me as he made his move. I moved my queen next to his king. I don't know why I did that. It was like I wanted to do that on purpose.

"Just my brother, being too overprotective of me, again." I said as I sighed. Don't get me wrong, Jonathan was a good sport and all, but he could be so protective that it could be annoying.

"We should hurry up with this round, I don't want this to take so long that your brother would have to report you missing." Henry mentioned in a jokingly tone. After we finished the game, I left his house and went home. It was like that everyday. I wake up, go to work, see Henry, go home, sleep, and repeat. It felt like I was apart of some loop I didn't know, but I didn't really care.