06| crying blood// the bully

The descendants -Queen of Mean
'now there's a devil on my shoulder  where the angels used to be'

<>

Her mother's hand flew directly across her face, making contact with her cheek. It sting but she was used to it. "Do it again," she yells. "Do it again because that's the only thing you can do. You're nothing but a sl-" She couldn't even finish her sentence and the hand flew across her other cheek once again.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," her mother points at her. "I work my ass off for you to go wear those clothes that you're wearing. Your dad is an alcoholic. I have to take care of you, so don't you dare disrespect me because I don't deserve it,"

She knew her mom was right, even if she disapproved of what she did for a living there was nothing else she could do. "I'm sorry mom,"

"I'm sorry too," she apologizes and she find herself in her mothers hug.

/\/\/

My heel made contact with the cool floor as I walked. My hair was in a messy bun, I wore a pair of jeans, followed by denim top and a white sneakers.

I didn't feel like dressing in anything today.

The layered necklaces were my favorite thing about my entire fit, as the rings on my hand made contact with a much warmer hand. With my other free hand, I allowed my thumb to play with the one ring on my middle finger.

Once I arrived at my locker, my hand went cold again when I harshly let go of the hand. "How are you?" he asks and I shrug. "Same old same, I guess," I shut the locker with a thud, chewing the bubble lightly and carried my one book in my hand. I turned to walk and the person trailed behind me. "I'm sure you're doing better than me,"

"I'm alright, so long you are," he went ahead placing a kiss on my forehead.

Didn't feel the same.

I ignore it as I keep on walking. I keep walking till I notice a blonde in my sight. "If it isn't you, Sab," the girl rolls her eyes as she lands right in front me. "I thought we were over this?"

"Nothing is over- until I say so,"

"Lyla, you needs to stop this. This is not you," She begins with the same old drama.

"What the hell do you know about me? Because as far as I know, you don't know shit about me,"

"We grew up together. I know you more than you will ever know yourself,"

"I don't give a damn," I shrug nonchalantly. "If you're no longer in my life, you're not in it for a damn reason. You don't anything that's going on in my life. You know that girl of over three years ago, not the one standing before you now,"

"Clearly Ly," She shakes her head, tears threatening to spill over her poo colored eyes. Her dyed dirty blonde hair- not gonna lie; looking good on her. "Because this is not the person I used to know. They Lyla I knew, would never ever wake up in the morning just to bully someone. The fact that you're doing to you, to innocent people is sick! You're supposed to better! These people here shouldn't feel like coming here is a risk because they're afraid that Lyla Hamilton will get in their face and start running her mouth. Popularity. Insignificant high school popularity gets you nowhere, you going to graduate miserably as the most saddest person on earth because you invested you whole life in bullying people. Where's all that going to take you? It's insane how someone can have such great potential, such talent, such a brain but a dark heart. Wouldn't you want them to proud of you because they're surely not happy about this?"

"You wanted that to hit home huh?" I tilt my head up. "No, I just really wanted to tell you the truth- that nobody, even your dumb boyfriend had the balls to," She glares at him and I'm pretty sure he was doing the same. "Lt," she looks back at me, her eyes softening. "have you ever thought of how these people suffer? In your words and your actions?"

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to," I glare. "I've suffered! Nobody listened to me, nobody,"

"Then you must understand them Ly," she takes a step closer. Usually I would too and I would glare while she'd just stare with hope. Hope that I would one day change- or go back to who I was.

There was no way I'd go for second.

Never.

"I miss you, the real you." She whispers and since whenever, I actually feel like I can give in. For the first time. Every thing she said was true, popularity was nothing without a good heart.

High school wasn't shit, it wasn't anything. It was just there so I can go to collage or university. It was 5 years of continuous drama and people getting lost in that 'power' they believed they have. The power I believed I had.

Now I'll just always remember to never, ever abuse any power we have.

"What happened to you? Better yet, her,"

"She died,"