11| the one i wanted

(based on a true story with fictional scenes)

"Come hang out with me this afternoon,"

"Nope, a very hard pass."

"Oh come on," He sighed as he stopped me from walking by gripping both my shoulders. "Are you really going to reject this?" He  pouted, digging in his pockets to reveal a baby picture of him.

"Yup." I said, there was no bone in my body that wanted to hang out with Jackson because I knew he saw me as more than a friend and I never got his hopes up and I sure wouldn't start now.

I pursed my lips, sighing through my nose as my eyes landed on the figure that was making his way over to us.  He towered over the brunette girl and as they walked hand in hand. They were like the popular couple in school. She tiptoed in attempt to reach his height as he leaned down to peck her - there was a tiny smile that lingered on her face and I smiled in admiration. 

Most girls had a thing for him but he only had eyes for her.

"What's up guys?" He said, slapping Jackson's shoulder. "Not much," Jackson says. "Just that I asked Alyssa to hang out with me and she doesn't want to give the time of day. "Yeah well I have to study and besides, I have a life without you."

"We'll all be there." Darren says and I blink. "Sorry?"

"I said we'll all be-"

"Yeah, no. Bye." I turned around but stopped in my tracks when I heard "Please,"

"It'll be just like before,"  Destiny said and I sighed, giving in. I hardly ever hung out with my friends outside of school because I just never saw the reason to do that but I guess I'll let it be just this once.

"Fine," I roll my eyes.

"Yay, it's going to be so fun," Destiny chirped, hugging me with a smile on her face and I wish tonight I would be as well.

□□□

I sure as hell was wrong. I really should've just followed my gut and went home.

I sighed, the music was booming in " blanks house". Idiot fooled all of us because the party was at the club. I sighed, downing down the cola  in the red cup. I didn't drink and neither did Destiny so I settled with the one drink I trusted to not be alcoholic In here.

"Never again," I shook my head. Destiny  smiles, obviously she would do this again. For her man, for the fun of it, for her fear of missing out, obviously.  "Oh come on it's fun,"

"Really, this?"

She nods her head slowly and I shake my head. "For your man,"

and speaking of the devil, he randomly appears and let me add, absolutely wasted. "Baby," he cups Destiny's cheek. "Jasmine's outside looking for you," He says, his words slurred. "What,"

"Jasmine, outside." is all he comes up with. Destiny nods, grabbing her phone. "I'll come with you."

"Nah its okay. I'm gonna need someone to look after him while I'm gone,"

"What?"I snap as I look to my left. His eyes haven't left me and it was getting so uncomfortable."Is there something on my face?" I ask and instead of answering, he attempts to steady himself. He ends up dropping the glass in his hand and bends down to look at the sight but stumbles over. I sigh, gripping his shoulders in