Anothers Earnings

Prompt- His skin is scarred with scars that other people earned.
Character(s)- Poe
Warnings- Selfharm

Ranpo was a master detective. He notices everything and anything or so he had thought. One day he had walked into Poe's apartment with the spare key he had been given.
It was completely silent other than the scampering of paws running at him. A little raccoon came flying at him and grabbed him bu the leg.
"Hello Karl! Where's Poe?" He asked when the raccoon started to pull on his leg dragging him to the bedroom.
When he came to the bedroom he knew something was very wrong. They way Karl had frantically pulled him there, how Poe hadn't greeted him, how the stench of blood wafted it's way around the apartment.
He through open the door and his eyes fell onto a sight that Ranpo wouldn't have wanted to see ever.  Poe sat on his bed with a pair of scissors in his hand.
He wasn't doing anything with them he just had them in his hand as he was lost in thought. But the lines that covered Poe gave Ranpo enough of a clue what the scissors were used for.

What brought Poe back was the feeling of arms being wrapped around him. He still knew some of the cuts were still bleeding but in those moments Poe didn't care.

Ranpo promptly took the scissors of Poe and placed them at his said furthest from Poe. He couldn't bare it as tears streamed down his face at the throat of his lover being hurt.

"Why?" Was all he could ask as he sat beside Poe. He looked up at Poe who also had tears falling down his face.

"I don't know," Was all he could reply with. He didn't want to hurt himself but it was the only way to stay grounded but even then he wasn't grounded.

The two sat beside each other. Both falling asleep on the other. Neither of them had the energy to do anything. But both knew tomorrow would a tough day.

But before Ranpo went to sleep he told Poe something that even in Poe's tired demented state he remembers.

'Your skin is covered in scars others earned. Please don't ever do this again."