01. WE MEET AGAIN. AND AGAIN

ೃ⁀➷

WAITING ROOM

𝟎𝟏. 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

chapter one of steamroller is up rn <3 
read after this if you wanna see the cute pics fi took!

Fiadh

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Home sweet home.

Walking into a brand new house that's about 10X bigger than your old apartment is scary. Even for the fearless.

"Fiadh! Why don't we go visit the Cameron's?" I drop the overflowing box filled with my things on the detailed floor tiles with a sigh, relieved that I won't have to carry another thing up the never ending staircase.

My dad walks into the main foyer from the kitchen, placing a hand on my shoulder. "How about it?" He asks, looking down at me expectantly.

I nod slowly, not wanting to stay home alone in this large and empty house. His words echo through the halls and flow in the air due to all the unfilled space.

I grab the keys and we step outside, the unbearable heat hitting me immediately.

Opening the windows while my dad drives, I stick my hand out, hoping for some airflow on the way to the Cameron's.

We drive through multiple neighborhoods, the houses seemingly getting larger as we go deeper. Fresh cut lawns, three story houses with large pillars in the front and people walking their scrawny white dogs.

"Start looking for any jobs around here?" Dad asks, his blue eyes wavering from the road to meet mine. "Yeah a bit. There's this surf shop near the shore I might call." My father nods before changing the subject. "We're looking for 1047."

I squint at the house numbers as we pass by slowly. "Here!" I point as Dad makes a sharp turn into the long driveway. We make our way to more cars that are parked and I take in the beautiful white house.

It's exactly like I remember.

Two trees sit next to a pair of stone steps, hedges separating them. Sarah is waiting out on the porch as we pull up and I bolt out of the car.

"Fiadh!" "Sarah!" We run into each others arms, her hand going to the back of my head and tangling in my red hair. We stand there for a few moments before pulling away and taking in each other's features. 6 years is a long time to change.

Sarah's wearing cropped shorts with a floral tank top. Her legs are long and skin tan, I grab her arm and stick it up next to mine, comparing our skin tones.

Sarah bursts out into laughter when she sees the difference. "Holy shit! Maybe it's a good thing I didn't visit you in Ireland!" I shove her shoulder, a metal charm on her necklace gleams in the sun, catching my eye.

"You're still wearing it!" I point out, causing her to look down at the small silver 'F' on the chain wrapped around her neck. "Of course! How about you?" I pull my necklace out from under my shirt, multiple charms hanging off one chain. A small 'S' standing out.

We both laugh before she takes my hand, dragging me inside to say hi to everyone.

"Sarah who's parked outside?" Someone calls out. We walk into the kitchen and I see a smaller girl sitting at the counter, phone in hand. "Wheeze?" The head on dark hair spins around at my voice, immediately recognizing it. "Fifi!"