04. IF A TREE FALLS IN THE FOREST

ೃ⁀➷

WAITING ROOM

𝟎𝟒. 𝐢𝐟 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

chapter four of steamroller is up rn <3
read after this if you wanna see the cute pics fi and her friends took!

Fiadh
◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

If a tree falls in the forest, but no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

The intolerable feeling of the tangled hair sticking to my face wouldn't go away, but neither would the growing pain on the side of my skull. The red of my blood mixing with the red of my hair, and the blue of the sea. My foot caught on the rock beneath me that my head once collided with just moments ago. My head. The pain didn't leave no matter how hard I willed it to. The skin of my stomach sliced open while trying to free my foot. My eyes were still shut tight and the formerly deafening silence of the ocean was cut off by my screams. All I wanted was for someone to hear me from my place at the very bottom of the waves, where the sand and the sea meet. But no one came. No matter how hard I wished, nobody heard me. Blood circled my ankle from the demands being made by my blue hands that won't stop wailing on my leg, the other arm holding my abdomen as my thoughts begin to slow and the waves tug my body back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. It doesn't matter if my body feels too heavy, the blood around me that marbles the water becomes too much, or my leg goes numb. My screams never stop.

"Fiadh!"

"Fiadh!"

"Fi-"

I'm shaken awake by a ring clad hand that I immediately latch onto, my eyes opening wide and heart beat speeding up once again. "Fiadh babe, I'm gonna go get your dad okay?" I'm left alone with the shadows made by the moon that shines through my window and my own impossibly loud sobs as Sarah leaves my room and my hand finally leaves hers. My arms wrap around my own body as I rock myself back and forth but stop once the small feeling of comfort subsides. My father comes rushing into the room, and pulls my knees away from my chest and face to get a good look at me and wipe my tears but I close my eyes because I can't bear to see his face. "It happened again dad." I whimper, barely managing out my words through my choked breaths. "I know sweet Fiadh. I'm here now. I'm here, you're okay." "But no one was- I couldn't find you." I immediately recognize the look of worry that flashes through my dad's eyes as he studies mine. They look the exact same as they did the first time I looked at him after I woke up in the hospital, large dark circles surrounding his once bright and joyous eyes. Now filled with guilt and regret that he wasn't there for his little girl. I'm left for a moment before I feel a dip in my bed and arms around my body. Sweet nothings and soft shushing noises are heard as I find myself feeling like a child again, in my own fathers arms. Waking up from a nightmare about monsters or a zombie apocalypse. Nothing real. Times where I was fearless, swimming underwater and looking for sand dollars for hours on end, surfing until the sun set and it was past my bedtime. I can feel myself slipping into the parts of my life where everything was simple, and the only thing that scared me was the dark.

Now the dark comforts me more than it ever did.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦