chapter 4

YOONGI

I watch Lilian closely as she sits with her friend, Adrianna, and I can't help but wonder what she would look like if she took that green jacket off. Is she insecure? I always see her in the same coat every day in this class, and it's so big on her, you can't really tell what type of body she has. She smiles at Adrianna and her smile is so pretty. She needs to smile more. I look down at my work on the iPad and draw random lines.

I honestly have no motivation to keep going, this project is exhausting. I grab my lunchbox and pull out the vanilla coke and open it to take a drink. I see Lilian and Adrianna get up and see they are heading to the back of the classroom. They are whispering to each other and my eyes run down to her lips to make out a bit of what she is saying. Her lips are pink with some light red gloss on them, and I see her mouth form out my name. She is talking about me.

They get closer to my desk and I begin to erase the random lines I drew earlier. Lilian looks a little bit nervous, and she stops whispering to Adrianna. They walk past me and stop in front of the wooden large shelves with cabinets for people's projects. Adrianna grabs her canvas and hands, Lilian, a couple of magazines. 

"Hurry" Lilian whisper yells. 

"I'm going, just let me grab the other papers" Adrianna replies with a small giggle. 

Adriana walks ahead of Lilian, and they walk slowly when they stop at my desk. 

"What flavor is your drink?" Adrianna asks. 

"Vanilla" I respond with the most neutral tone. 

"It looks cool, it looks like gold" She replies. 

I don't say anything, and I look down at Lilian. Her eyes quickly move down to the drink on my desk, as if trying to avoid eye contact with me, and I stop myself from smiling. She's always avoiding my look, it's like she's scared of me or something. They walk away, and I watch Lilian take a seat at her table. Her cheeks are a little bit red and Adrianna is laughing quietly. Lilian is pretty when she smiles, but she's always carrying a straight face. I like her mean face though, feels playful, and I'm kind of attracted to it.  

Mrs. Barns gets up from her seat and turns on the TV, showing a screen with different sections of projects. The classroom looks up and Mrs. Barns starts talking about what she is showing us. 

"So, I know I said I was going to explain the scavenger hunt project tomorrow, but I'll explain it right now and tomorrow, you guys can go right ahead and start doing the hunt"

"You guys will all get these cards with different little projects you guys have to do. We will be doing these in class, but I want you guys to take pictures and upload them to the Google Docs"

A girl raises her hand and Mrs. Barns calls her name. 

"so do you want us to take a picture of us doing the project or after?" 

"After you guys have finished it. Not everything on your card is going to be something you will do, some stuff you have to find in the classroom, or you'll have to do with someone else in the class" 

The timer for us to start packing goes off and everybody starts getting up. 

"I think it'll be fun to do an activity since you guys have been working on the same project these past weeks," Mrs. Barns says, turning off the tv. 

I put my bag over my shoulder and save my project and turn off the iPad. I head to the front of the class and I see Lilian on her phone from the corner of my eye. 

"Here you go, Mrs. Barns," I say.