Bitter tea

Hongjoong hummed a sweet tune as he walked through the swinging glass doors of his favorite cafe. The sweet scents of freshly baked goods being placed in the display case and coffee and teas being brewed just a few steps behind them. The small brunette love the sweet and fluffy atmosphere the mom and pop instilled in him as he got in to order. He couldn't help but remember the first time he had been here and the joy it had brought him. 'I can't believe that was almost 8 years ago'. Hongjoong smiled softly as he thought back to how nervous Bang chan had been on that day. He could barely get a sentence out without stuttering or tripping over his words,yet it never fails to bring a small giggle of smile out of the smaller man. It was one of the most memorable first dates he had ever had. He knew by the end of it all, when he had jumped on his bed and screamed in happiness into his pillow that he had fallen in love. And what a person to fall in love with.

"Sir we're ready for you when you're ready to order?" Hongjoong was snapped from his daydream as the small barista called out to him.

"Oh im sorry!"

"No worries sir what can I get you?!"

"Just a chain tea, medium please."

"OK! any name I can get for that order?"

"Kim hongjoong." He held in a chuckle as the baristas gasp.

"Oh my gosh, I love all of your work! I have like every season of slit skirts you designed! I'm so sorry I didnt recognize you,Hyung!" Hongjoong felt his cheeks just a little pink as the small girl gushed his praises.

"Thank you for your past support. Its so much."

"Of course hung! Ill get this out as soon as possible!"

"Thank you but how much is it?" Hongjoong asked as he dug through his pants pocket for his wallet.

"Oh no charge! On the house!" The small girl said before she rushed off to make his drink. The small man just shrugged and shook his head softly as he settled down at a small peach table near some large glass windows before pulling out his phone.

Me:
Hey! I just got to the cafe. The barista recognized me and freaked out you gonna be on your way soon?❤

My world❤❤

Yes I'm heading over now. I had to grab something from the studio. Thats crazy BTW its been years since you quit I'm surprised people still remember.

Me
Yeah ik its wild she seemed hardcore tho. Anyway what did you need to grab?

My world❤❤

Just something we needed to talk about ill see you soon.

Me
Oh....OK see you soon.

Hongjoong sighed softly as he put his phone away. 'He's been acting so different recently.' The small man thought as he idlely tapped a rhythm on the table. 'First it was not holding my hand in public then no kisses then I couldn't tell anyone we were engaged and now this distance.'  The brunnet couldn't help the uneasy feeling that settled in his chest. 'What if chan wants to leave me' He immediately shook the thought from his head as his name was called d at the front counter. 'Thats rediculous we've been together for 8 years. If he wanted to leave he would have left ages ago.' Hongjoong sighed as he quickly grabbed his drink and settled back into his table. Just as he was bringing the steaming goodness to his lips a gleam of a small jewel on his ring finger caught his attention.