Chapter 4

"Barb? Barbara?"

Nancy jumps to attention. Nancy holds Johnathan's hand. El starts breathing heavily. The lights flicker and electricity pulsates.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know." Mike answers.

"Is Barb okay? Is she okay?!"

"Gone! Gone!" El exclaims.

Nancy gasps. Nancy collapses against Johnathan. Jackie shuts her eyes and tries to calm El.

Inside; El is looking around, frightened.

"Hey. It's okay. It's okay, we're right here. We're right here. I'm right here with you. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay, you're safe."

El blinks, realizing it's Jackie's voice, and soon calms down. She looks over to see a fort.

"Castle Byers. Castle Byers."

Joyce looks at Johnathan.

Inside; El walks up to Castle Byer's and finds Will & Shawn inside. El bends down to them.

"Will? Shawn?"

Outside, Lauren looks at Joyce.

"They're with each other."

"You... you tell them... tell them we're coming. Their moms are coming." Joyce explains.

Inside.

"Your mom's....they're coming for you."

The two are huddled together, afraid. The two look at her.

"Hurry. Hurry."

Outside; the group hears the hurry, hurry through the radio.

"Okay. Listen, you tell them to...to stay where they are. We're coming. We're coming, okay? We're coming"

"Just... just hold on a little longer, Will. Shawn." El explains.

She notices Castle Byers disappearing around her. Will and Shawn disappear as well.

"Will? Shawn? Will! Shawn!"

Soon El shoots up and takes off her goggles. She backs up and Jackie hugs her.

"Oh! Oh, okay, okay. I've got you. It's okay. I got you. I got you. I got you. You did so good."

The boys get her towel and dry her off. The adults and teens stand together. Hopper turns to Joyce.

"So this fort. Where is it?"

"Uh, it's in the woods behind our house."

"Yeah, Will used to go there to hide. And Shawn was the one that always would go and find him." Johnathan adds on.

Hopper heads outside. Joyce & Lauren look at each other and follow him. Jackie and Johnathan follow them.

"Hey, get back inside."

"What, are you insane? No, I'm- " Joyce questions.

"Look, if something happens to me, I don't make it back-"

"Yeah, but then I'll go. You stay. Are you kidding me? He's my son, Hop. My son. I'm going!"

"Same. Like hell I'm not going to find my son!" Lauren exclaims

Lauren turns to Jackie and holds her cheek.

"I gotta go. Stay here and stay safe."

"No...don't..."

Lauren places her forehead against Jackie's.

"I'll be back. I'm gonna bring Shawn back to us. Promise"