The Heir Of Wind (Part 2)

▪️❇️▪️❇️▪️❇️▪️❇️▪️

"Everyone will run the course three times. This is not a competition so no sabotage. Minnie, you're going to supervise and make sure the kids don't kill each other."

Lloyd received an uncertain smile from Marilyn as he gave the order. He glanced warningly at the children before him and performed the "I'm watching you" gesture with his fingers. His students grinned innocently up at him before gathering around training course.

"No, Bethany. You cannot participate," Lloyd scolded when he spotted his second daughter quietly edging closer to the group.

The girl groaned loudly, stomping over to her father and yanking on his sleeve. "How much longer do I have to wait?"

"Till your next birthday."

Furious, Bethany made a high-pitched sound that seemed like a twist between a whine and a scream.

Lloyd frowned in disappointment as he pushed his daughter back to the other, safer side of the courtyard. "Stop making animals noises, Bethany. It's undignified."

Nya watched as the blonde wrestled with the girl and compelled her to sit down next to her youngest sister. After seizing his phone from the infant Arianna (which had nursery rhymes pouring out of it at an unnerving volume), Lloyd quickly made his way back inside the monastery where Nya stood waiting.

"Nice administration, Master Lloyd," she teased when the exasperated blonde approached her.

Lloyd rolled his eyes, shutting up the music from his phone. "I'm more of their babysitter than their master," he muttered, looking out the window and catching Damien secretly tying Justin's training gi sash to one of the rotating dummies.

"I'm sure Minnie can handle it," Nya remarked, pulling Lloyd along the corridor and down to the library.

The other Ninja were already present inside, their heads bent low over the various scolls in front of them. They looked up when Lloyd and Nya entered.

"Any luck?" Lloyd asked, coming to stand in between Kai and Cole.

"Affirmative," Zane replied from across the table, rolling up a long parchment. "From what we have learned, an absence of even a single element for more than half a century can spell doom for Ninjago. In this case, it is Wind."

"I wonder what will happen if Earth goes AWOL," Cole added casually as he studied a painted illustration of Ninjago breaking apart.

Everyone turned to look at Cole who himself stopped short after realizing what could possibly be the answer. The Ninja tensely observed one another. The word was at the tip of their tongues but no one wanted to say it aloud.

"Right, chaos," Cole muttered awkwardly, clearing his throat in order to dismiss the topic.

"So," Kai began after a brief moment of silence, turning to his sister. "You're sure the dreams you keep having are not just illusions? They are really warnings?"

"Yes!" Nya replied, feeling like she had answered that question a million times already.

Kai frowned deeply. "You know, you really don't have to use your own kid for this. There are plenty of people out there who I'm sure will be willing to take on the task."