Where The End Began

The cadets dispersed as they were told they had 24 hours, Demon and Anomaly decided to do what they saw fit and headed home to spend their last day as civilians with their families, Ghost on the other hand decided that he would train, if he knew their was a way to better improve his skills he would, Shadow followed him but she knew that she wanted to join him to see how hard he really trained and if she could keep up. Poltergeist watched them and noticed how Ghost headed straight to the training room, he was both confused but confident that Ghost would be someone to watch and that the Crows would also share those opinions, every year they would keep an eye out for one cadet who would go above and beyond... And he believed Ghost would be that person.

Ghost trained against Shadow so she could see how much she had to learn to be on par with her best friend, Ghost let Shadow attack him first as he was not one to initiate combat unless he had no choice, Shadow smirked as she went to attack, Ghost didn't move, his feet were rooted to the ground as he pulled his Katana from its sheathe and redirected Shadow's attack, he extended his left arm and a blade rotated to meet her neck as he slowly tilted his head to the side unfazed by her attempt as Poltergeist spoke up

"Your skill exceeds what we expected Ghost... Unless the two of you weren't trying of course"

Ghost looked behind him and didn't speak, he didn't agree with what Poltergeist said, he thought of it as him trying to flair his ego, Shadow stood straight and then walked to the side

"I think Ghost can put up a fight against a septentrion, wouldn't you agree sir?"

Shadow said as she looked at Poltergeist who already had his weapons drawn, Ghost and Poltergeist both knew the ending of what would happen, Ghost pointed his blade towards Poltergeist who returned the movement. There was a stillness in the room as the two stared at each other, trying to force the other to attack, they observed their enemies movements for any slight movements, Poltergeist was not as patient and turned invisible though Ghost still heard footsteps and parried an attack though when Poltergeist reappeared he was caught unaware of the Daggers position forcing him to dodge the attack by rolling backwards before throwing a Kunai at Poltergeist to create some distance between the two.

No words were spoken, that time had passed, there was only the clash of metal as the two blocked attacks, Ghost's arm blade was utilised in a way not even the most experienced fighter could have comprehended, others believed it was a distraction, a second choice, but no... Ghost used his to force the opponent to block, catching Poltergeist off guard however the tactic wasn't viable against him as he had to worry about two Daggers, one of which was already at the back of his leg, after a few minutes both grew to understand that Poltergeist would eventually win, his superior knowledge of combat, his many years of training, the only thing Ghost had was unpredictability and age on his side. Shadow wanted to train against Ghost as she thought it would be easier however she didn't know Poltergeist enjoyed training cadets, it gave him something to do besides paperwork.

When Shadow attacked Ghost he realised that she had no prior plan, she was swinging and hoping but Ghost was a lot more focused on her movements rather than her attacks, he dodged her swings as he predicted their paths across his body, he only attacked when Shadow had a false sense of security in that he wouldn't attack, when he did Shadow couldn't defend herself as Ghost had already planned his movements, that time dodging was so he could perfectly plan every one of his moves. The two trained for around four hours before they headed home, Shadow was overflowing with excitement while Ghost was quiet, the polar opposite of his best friend.

"I can't wait for our first assignment! It's going to go great right?"

Shadow said as Ghost looked around at the city of Kikuchiba, he didn't answer the question and kept walking, he kept his guard up and Poltergeist noticed Ghost's alertness as a few Others pounced on Demon and Anomaly. The two were caught off guard and managed to wound Demon but Ghost swiftly and precisely cut the Others down and helped them up, the team played to each others advantages and cleared the area before heading to the peak of Kikuchiba where they were ambushed by a Major Other. Demon couldn't react in time to avoid the first attack and was swept into a metal beam which critically wounded him and knocked him out.

"Ghost, Shadow... We have to deal with this Other before it harms anyone else!"

Poltergeist yelled as he started to attack the Other with everything he had, Shadow joined him and the two made progress while Ghost threw Dagger's into the Others back to no effect forcing him to move quickly and precisely cut the Other to deal damage while Anomaly helped Demon out of the fight. However it was in vain as the Other brought its arm down on top of the two, Anomaly threw Demon out of the way leaving Anomaly to be killed instantaneously,

Shadow and Poltergeist were in complete shock as they watched Anomaly's lifeless body get thrown towards Ghost who caught him. Ghost gently placed Anomaly's body out of the fight and his brain drive completely covered his face as he slowly moved his blade in front of his body. Ghost didn't say a word but it was clear that he wasn't showing mercy, that option was long since an impossibility, his blade burst into an intense flame as he slowly walked towards the Other who's attention was solely focused upon Ghost.

The Other dived towards Ghost who wasn't fazed by the attack. He merely moved to the side before slashing the Others hand and began acrobaticly jumping around it slashing at its back and its legs before throwing a Kunai into its spinal collum forcing it to fall to the ground. Ghost's attention turned to his side as he leant out of the way of the Others arm swinging towards him, Ghost performed a spinning slash and his blade cut cleanly through the Others wrist. Ghost didn't stop as he jumped into the air and thrusted his blade into the Others back.

After Ghost had ensured enough damage was caused his attention was directed to the Others weak point, that he assumed was the Others brain, he produced a razer sharp Kunai and ran towards a pillar before running up it into the air, not hesitating before throwing the Kunai straight into the Others brain shattering it like a rock through glass. Ghost landed as he sheathed his blade and fell to his knees as he pulled his hood down allowing his Oni mask extend over his mouth and nose to cover his face, the mask had extensive damage where his right eye was due to him wearing that same retractable mask when he received the scar. Ghost looked as Shadow and Poltergeist were knelt by Anomaly's body however Ghost made sure that they were safe before paying his respects.

Ghost helped Demon to the OSF Hospital where he could be treated while Poltergeist and Shadow ensure Anomaly was given a proper burial