Forgotten And Abandoned

One month had passed since Anomaly died, Ghost had continued his ruthless career in the OSF becoming the most dangerous recruit in the OSF, his ability in combat was noted by the likes of Fubuki who found him effective. Karen was also impressed by the combat data.

Shadow was an the balance Ghost needed to stay stable, her vibrant nature and willingness to help wherever possible was something that sunk deeply into Ghost balancing his ruthless bloodlust and responsibility to protect civilians and other OSF personnel alike, Ghost was truly thankful to have her as a friend.

However with Ghost's recent achievements he was now in the limelight of the press, Poltergeist ordered Ghost not to answer questions, an order he carried out in an extremely cold fashion, after his 5th victory against a Major Other the press recorded it and put it all over Suoh's visions, his victory was something the Civilians were happy to see, the OSF doing their jobs in the quickest and most efficient way possible. When Ghost returned he was swarmed by Press who thrusted microphones in front of him

"Ghost, what was it like defeating yet another Major Other? You truly are a Scarlet Guardian worthy of being a Septentrion with your skills"

One of the press members stated, how Ghost looked straight through the man, his brain drive still active from the fight, he was always alert even in Suoh.

"I have been ordered not to answer questions"

Ghost said as he walked passed them into the OSF headquarters where he was given orders, but there was something he didn't like about the way Poltergeist looked at him. Major General Fubuki was with him which made Ghost extremely uneasy, he stood at attention regardless and awaited his orders

"You are Ghost correct? You are making quite the impression towards me and the other Septentrions"

Fubuki stated however Ghost didn't care about what the Septentrions thought of him and he made it clear

"Sir, with all due respect, I think we should skip the small talk and discuss the mission I was told about"

Ghost said as his brain drive expired revealing his eyes and retractable Oni mask, Fubuki wasn't sure how he felt about Ghost wanted to get straight back into the field, he was pleased that he was willing but he also knew that several gifted fighters met untimely ends because of their eagerness.

"This assignment is extremely dangerous, but you have proven yourself capable to defend yourself in the most dire of situations, that and your excellent scouting tendencies. We're sending you to the border of Seiran to see if they have any unorthodox troop placements, look for anything regarding a potential strike against Suoh"

Fubuki said, this order was straight from the top and Ghost was one of the best and only scouts in the OSF, Fubuki knew that the OSF were never truly made for infiltration but Seiran was a threat that they couldn't simply ignore.

Ghost nodded and started to walk towards the door to the OSF Headquarters but walked into Shadow, he stopped and talked to her a bit asking how she was holding up after what happened, She said she was fine and that she wanted to go with Ghost, but he refused as he always scouted alone, that and the fact he didn't want her to get in harms way.

Ghost travelled to the edge of Seiran's territory and sighed quietly before contacting Fubuki

"Sir, I'm at the edge of Seiran, once I enter Seiran our communications will go dark. I don't want them  intercepting our communications"

Ghost said as he awaited Fubuki's response, Fubuki gave him the go ahead and Ghost continued into Seiran, his OSF uniform made him stand out in the crowd and everyone started to comment on him, Ghost focused with his mission and snuck into one of Seiran's OSF establishments and looked at several documents on research facilities for several different things however one caught his attention, a seemingly abandoned facility that was labelled as still in use, Ghost quickly left and was nearly caught.