Diary: Chapter 28*** Results!!!

The results are out! The results are out!

I got up with chaos everywhere. Joy, in panic, rushed to take blessings from the temple nearby before going to check his result on the noticeboard in college.

I never had a Fail marked on my report card, so the thought of the results made me upset and uncomfortable. I just wanted to escape somewhere while my enthusiasm for the resultsfaded. I climbed up the water tank and sat there alone, trying to avoid all the chaos around. There were many eagles circled around.

There must be a dead rat in the bushes behind the hostel ~ I thought.

I was already uncomfortable and the sound of eagles made me anxious. I was lost in my Lucid thoughts when my mobile ringtone spooked me.

It was Pallavi.

"Hey Pal" - I said, keeping my voice as casual as I could

"Checked your score yet?" - She asked.

"Nope" - I said slowly.

"Out of 150 - Chemistry - 110, C Programing- 135, Graphics Drawing - 123, Out of 100 - 88 in chemistry lab and 95 in C lab.

You scored really well in the rest of the subjects, Avi. I am sending you a screenshot of your marks... in an email... to share with your parents." - Though I had never mentioned to Pallavi that I am angry with my parents for not believing in me, she somehow knew.

"Thanks." - I said in disbelief "Hey Pal - What about you?" - I asked regaining myself.

"I got a good score too! All clear" - She said happily and disconnected the call in a hurry. I sat there for a few minutes and dialed my grandfather's number.

My parents could not believe my marks. For the first time, they realized that there might be a real reason for me to miss the first exam. Mom even apologized and dad offered more pocket money to make peace.

After the phone call, I simply sat there staring blankly at the sky for a few minutes. The sun was coming up high and the eagles had disappeared. The sound of nature was arm wrestled by traffic and human chatter. I looked at my wristwatch. It showed 9:15 AM. Finally, I climbed down the water tank and found Milind coming up to the terrace and said loudly -

"Good score Maga! If you hadn't missed that exam, you would have got an FCD"

"How about you and Joy?" - I asked

"All clear da! But Joy got only First class 65% and I am sure he will be quite jealous that you have scored more than him in most of the exams." - Milind said with a wink

"Haha - yeah! I know." - I laughed Milind's comment out and changed the topic - " Finally I have sent a screenshot to my parents and they are relieved that their son is not in any drugs gang" - I said and we both laughed

Did you download the results from the internet? The website is choked up. I am trying to download the score sheet too. - Milind asked.

"No Pallavi called and sent me the screenshot." I replied.

"Pallavi topped EC da! You must be knowing of course." - Milind mentioned

"Topped?" - I exclaimed

"You don't know? For sure, I topped the EC batch. I need to confirm but she might have topped all sections of our batch. Overall 95.6%" - he said.