Chapter Two

Unknown POV

"You can't actually be thinking about helping her, right dad?" I said anger clearly in my tone. He was going to betray everyone we knew and the people that were my friends.

"Look son, I'm trying to do what's best for this town, and that is without Clay," My Dad spoke. "He's continuing to let people in, and we just don't have the room."

"Well, we can't just let those people die, because that's exactly what's going to happen if we don't help them."

"Well then that's their problem, not ours, rather they die rather than we die," he said sternly. "Now this isn't up to you, it's up to me. I promised your mother I'd keep you safe, so that's what I'm going to do."

"That's such BS dad!" I shout getting past annoyed and angry. "The only reason you're doing this is because you like Hallyanna, and she is using that to tear this camp apart."

My father froze, shock running down his face and paling a bit. "Don't you ever say that. You know the only one I have eyes for was your mother. Hallyanna is the reason we are alive and for that, I owe her my loyalty and I will not die as an un-honorable man."

"Not even for me dad?" I say, frowning as I look towards my dad. "These people have become my friends, dad. Almost my family, we can't-I can't betray them."

"Look, I don't want to do anything to hurt you son, but this is what is best. You just have to trust that I know what I am doing and that I will make sure to clarify with Hallyanna that no one currently here is being kicked out."

"It won't matter, they'll still know that I'm the one that's told you about Clay and his plans and stress and things he only tells his family. Things then I was told." I sigh, turning away fighting the small tears in my eyes. It was too late to take everything back, I had already betrayed them.

I started to walk away now, not wanting to argue with my dad any longer.

"Wait, you won't tell anyone about this son, right? I trusted you, betraying your father is much worse than betraying a friend."

I pause shaking my head a little and bury my face in one hand. "I won't tell anyone dad...." I whisper loud enough for him to hear as I walk out all the way heading outside.

I wiped my eyes, tucking my hands in my pocket as I walked on the sidewalk towards the woods. I often walked there to clear my mind and to just try and think everything through.

When I finally was just into the entryway of the forest, I relaxed a bit, kicking at a pinecone on the grassy ground. I walked over to a pond that was just getting back into its everyday system after the winter.

I sat on a rock that was near the edge, watching as the water rippled as a leaf fell into it. I jumped when someone placed their hands on my shoulders, causing me to let out a shout.

Then all I heard after was loud giggling and then someone slapping their legs. I turned around to see Aria, as she laughed about how she had scared me.

"That was the best sight ever, wish I had a camera to film it," Aria said after she had calmed down.

"I wasn't that scared," I chuckled, shaking my head, "you just startled me. How'd you even find me?"

"Well simple, I followed you," she says smiling and shoving me over a bit while taking a seat next to me on the rock.

I placed my arm over her shoulder, forgetting about what my dad had told me and all my thoughts about it. "Well, then you're obviously a great spy. Top-notch," I joke with a smile.

"Not just any spy," she says leaning into me and looking up at me.

"No?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope, a super-secret awesome spy," she says with a grin. "And you can be my hmmm, my intel guy."

I stiffened at the word she used. The word intel brought back my earlier thoughts, it's what my dad had asked me to bring him. He wanted intel on Clay....

And I had given it to him. Intel on Aria's older brother. Things she had shared with me, trusting that I would keep it quiet and secret.

"You alright?" She says pulling away a bit so now we were eye to eye.

"Yeah I'm fine," I say fast, trying to relax again.

"Hmm okay, whatever you say. But I know something is up with you and I'm going to find out," she says with a shrug. "Might as well tell me."

"Nothings up, I'm perfectly fine," I say, trying to think of something to change the subject. "Now actually I think I saw a frog in the pond, come on I'll show you it," I say with a slight smirk as I stand up and bend down near the pond.

She follows after, crouching next to me, "I don't see anything," she says glancing towards me.

"Really? It's right there," I say pointing at a spot, "you don't care about your clothes right?" I asked her, hoping she didn't catch on.

"No, why?" She says confused looking at me again and then her eyes widened but too late. I grabbed her waist and pulled her into the pond, she screamed in surprise and started swatting me as I laughed.

"That's for scaring me," I started with a laugh as I let her go.

"You are aware you're in here with me?" He says, raising her eyebrow and gesturing to me.

"Yup, exactly, that was my plan," I said smiling, "couldn't just dump you in, and let you have all the fun."

"Fun? You think this is fun?" She said with a fake glare before I interpreted her with a splash in her face. She gasped and then we both started messing around and splashing each other, laughing the whole time.

We finally got out after a while, and both sighed with a smile on our faces. And something happened that complicated my life so much more. Aria kissed me. The girl I betrayed kissed me. And I liked it, and I like her.

What have I done?