𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I stood over the sink, washing all the blood that had coated my fingers after assisting Klaus and Marcel in cleaning all the human corpses. Emotions flooded my brain as I glanced at the diamond ring on my left finger.

Not once had I ever taken my wedding ring off. It had practically become a part of me. The ring had endured many things over the years, meaning it had collected a few scratches, which only showed that the ring was used and loved dearly.

The only way I could ever potentially move on, and heal the wound in my heart that Elijah left when he called it quits, was to remove the ring. I couldn't carry on staring at the ring during the times I wasn't dealing with the issues that came along with my family.

I dried my hands on the towel that hung on the door before moving into the same bedroom I once shared with Elijah in 1919. Klaus was more than ok to allow me to stay at the compound, especially since Davina was more comfortable with me also being here.

I originally considered sitting in front of the piano, but the memories of I, and Elijah jointly playing the piano came rushing into my head. I shrugged off the memories and sat at the edge of my side of the bed.

I let out a quiet sigh, beginning to pull the diamond ring off my finger. before being able to fully remove the ring, a figure by the door made me pause. I looked up to see Elijah. "Good evening, Elijah." I huffed, pushing back all the emotions I was previously feeling.

"Good evening." he cleared his throat. He had obviously seen me about to remove the ring, causing his confident demeanour to fade. "I and Rebekah protected the wolves, and we saved the remnants of Niklaus's family." he shared, diverting the attention from what he just saw.

"Klaus's father's bloodline? How?" I raised an eyebrow, hoping for him to possibly share more information.

"One of the wolves possessed the very ring i'd last seen in the grace of my mother hand. So naturally, I questioned him. He spoke of a legend. A legend wherein long ago, a chief of theirs had fathered a child to a very powerful witch. Their mythology further states that this child, a son, was later transformed into something this clan had never before seen. Something werewolf and vampire." he struggled to keep eye contact, leading him to awkwardly shift his sight between me and the floor.

"I don't know why you felt the need to tell me. This is New Orleans, news travels." I muttered, fiddling with my daylight ring. "I was here anyway, and It felt rude to not fill you in on everything." he strode further into the room.

I stood up from the bed, walking into the walk in wardrobe. "I blocked your number for a reason, Elijah." I sighed, folding The blood coated clothes i'd removed as soon as I got back the compound. "You can throw these out on the way out." I placed the clothes in his arms, sitting back on the edge of my side on the bed.

"What happened?" his voice was laced with concern as he stared at the red-stained clothes. "I uh, killed someone. But the majority of that blood from cleaning other bodies." I shrugged, Acting as if the guilt wasn't eating me alive.

"Who did you kill?" he inquired, walking further into the room. "The sheriff. My rage took over, and in the end, my craving for blood was fulfilled, and he was dead."

I felt the bed dip beside me. "Are you ok..?" Elijah knew the guilt I suffered from after killing a human. He'd seen the mask i'd put on since the day I was turned, and watched it gradually progress into my entire life.

I gulped, pushing back all the emotions that I was trying to conceal, ultimately failing in his presence. "I've been a vampire for over a thousand years. Why do I still feel guilty for doing the very thing I must do to survive." I whispered, turning my head towards him, seeing him looking directly at me.

"After I was turned I became who I am today. The impulsive, carefree, Rosalie was suppressed from humanity, and she's now threatening to reveal herself."

He open his arms, pulling me into a hug. The voice in the back of my head was screaming for me to push away from him, and suffer through the guilt alone. but I yearned for his comfort, the comfort he could give with that very hug.

I sank into his arms, warmth, and the very heart rhythm i'd memorised enveloped me. "No matter how often we kill, the guilt will never truly disappear. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others." He traced circles on my back as he spoke.

He was right, some of us were better at hiding it. While Elijah had his red door, I had the role of keeping our family in somewhat of an order over the years as a distraction from the depressing aspects of my existence.

"And although our relationship is not at its best right now, I will always be here for you, Rosalie." he pulled back from the hug to look at me. "Always and forever." he quoted.

"Always and forever." I recited, staring into his eyes, seeing the love hiding behind them. He slowly raised his hand to my face, gently placing his thumb under my eye to wipe away the tears that had fallen.

Before even grasping what was happening, his lips – the very ones I'd come to adore, collided with mine. The voice in my mind was essentially screaming and crying for me to stop at this point, but it was if my body was on autopilot. I didn't want the kiss to stop.

I finally came to my senses, pulling back. His lips were a deep rose colour, easily indicating he'd just deeply kissed someone. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't-" He attempted to apologised, but was silenced by my finger being placed over his mouth. "You need to go." I commanded, shocked that i'd just kissed him. "It's best you leave before klaus gets back."

He simply nodded at my words, understanding that it was his time to go. he stood up from the bed, taking one more glance me, and at my ring before exiting the room.

For the remainder of the night I was unable to sleep, being swarmed by on what to do next.

————

Hiyaaa

I can't tell if I'm changing Rosalie's love/hatred for Elijah too often, so please feel free to leave any feedback on this chapter.

I also haven't read through this cause I'm too lazy

Ily all <3