Chapter 1

KATSUMI'S POV

I frowned as I got another letter from Ubuyashiki as he tried to re recruit me as a Hashira.

I screwed up the letter before throwing it in my fire place.

Nope.

I'm done with Demon Slayer's just as much as I'm done with Demons.

I just wanted to live a peaceful life.

I knew my breathing style was incredibly useful to the Demon Slayer corps as I could meddle with time when in a fight and I had 14 different breathing techniques however I didn't want to and unfortunetly for the Demon Slayer corps I was both stubborn and the only person ever to know time breathing as I created it.

Now I would still pick the Demon Slayer corps over Demons any day but I just didn't want to fight, I didn't have the effort or motivation anymore.

I might just go to Ubuyashiki's house and explain to him that I don't want anything to do with it, actually I'll start making my way there tonight.

I wanted to just be a normal person with normal friends although that wasn't going too well.

I sighed but got up as I decided I wanted some food and sadly there wasn't anything good in my house so eating out is the only option left.

I found a nearby stall and ordered some ramen before turning around and letting out a huff as someone bashed into me causing me to spill it down myself.

Fuck, it's hot.

"Ouch, ow, ow, ow, watch i- oh"
I sighed.

I was about to insult the person but I stopped as I saw it was a scared looking little girl, like really little, she must be like 5 or something.

"Uh are you ok?"
I asked.

"I'm lost"
The girl replied.

"Ok ok let me help you, where did you last see you're parents?"
I questioned.

The girl pointed in a direction.

Well shit it's busy over there.

"Uh stay close so you don't get lost again"
I deadpanned.

The girl nodded and huddled close to me.

It had been a while and I was still looking for her parents.

"Mommy"
The girl shouted.

I watched as she ran towards a woman nearby.

Ok so this is the part where I leave.

I was mid way through turning around until I heard a voice who's words clearly was being said to me.

I turned as the mother of the child called me over.

"Thank you so much, I thought I'd lost her"
The mother thanked.

You had lost her.

"It's no problem, I'm glad you have her back, nice talking to you uh bye"
I smiled.

"No really? My husband and I would like to invite you to lunch"
The woman replied.

I looked to her side and indeed there was a husband.

He had a facade.

I could see he was annoyed and wanted to get out of the area just by his eyes, which was a strange color, I mean it's not everyday you see red eyes.

Good! The kid caused me to spill my lunch so I'm glad they are taking me to get some more.

"Sure, I don't see why not"
I responded.