Chapter 5

KATSUMI'S POV

A few days had gone by since the whole incident and since I saw Tanjiro and Nezuko.

I hadn't seen Rei or heard from Muzan in those times either so I could go and visit Mitsuri which was a relief.

I explained everything that had happened to her except the whole Nezuko been a good Demon in a box kind of thing as I didn't want to accidentally get her killed.

Mitsuri had a concerned look on her face.

"What is it?"
I asked.

"Don't you think Muzan seems a bit obsessed with you?"
Mitsuri questioned.

"I guess"
I deadpanned.

"You should stay away from him, maybe then he will forget about you"
Mitsuri replied.

I gave her a strange look.

"That's what I've been trying to do"
I stated.

"I do have some concerns though"
Mitsuri responded.

The look on her face looked as if she was scared to say the concerns as if I'd have a bad reaction.

"What are they?"
I wondered.

"It's just you're the most powerful Hashira by far and you seem to have not done much to stop this guy, he isn't growing on you is he?"
Mitsuri questioned.

I was about to respond but was cut off by my crow flying ahead.

My eyes widened as the crow gave me an address.

It's familiar, isn't that Rei's house?

Did he kill her?

I made my way to the address without saying bye to Mitsuri, I would apologize to her later.

It took a while to get there but I ran fast to the place.

Yeah it was definitely Rei and Muzan's house, I remember coming here for the party.

I hated that party.

I opened the door which was left unlocked.

Strange any trace of Muzan that was there before was gone, even pictures on the walls.

I saw blood underneath a door.

I opened the door and saw Rei dead.

As well as some maids and the daughter.

Did he kill everyone? Even the kid?

Would Muzan still be here?

No his probably fled by now, his a coward.

I buried the body's.

Shit! I got here too late.

I probably wouldn't have been able to stop him though, I might've been able to pause time for him that one time but he hadn't switched into any of his stronger forms or used any of his powers because he was too proud, he thought he wouldn't need powers to fight me and he was wrong which led to him temporarily being frozen in time.

An all out fight between Muzan and I would be interesting.

It was sad about Rei but I knew I couldn't dwell on it.

~~~

It had been a month and I hadn't seen Muzan once, I think he had actually gotten sick of me.

Now I could be free from him constantly appearing and trying to fuck up my life.

Right now I had been called into a meeting with the Hashira's.