Chapter 7

At The Swan House

At the Swan house hold the small, but growing, family was spread around the living room eating and talking.

On one end of the couch, Elijah sat with Leah on his lap, and Brayden snuggled into his side. They were talking to Seth, who sat on the other end of the couch with Paisley in his lap, and Jacob and Renesmee were sitting in the floor joining in on the conversation every once and awhile.

The twins had agreed to go with them, after some persuasion, but they stayed close to Seth, Leah and Elijah, or Bella, at all times.

Bella and Edward were having a quiet conversation near the window, looking out over the snow covered yard.

"All right! Present time! Let's go!" Charlie said, as he walked into the living from the kitchen, closely followed by Sue.

Everyone made their way into the living room and found a spot.

"Jake, you start. Get it going." Charlie said.

Jacob smiled and handed a small box to Renesmee.

Renesmee opened it and smiled as she pulled out a bracelet, which Bella helped her out on.

Seth looked over at Leah with a goofy smile, "What'd you get me?"

"I didn't get you anything." Leah said as she tried to hide her smirk.

"No! Come on! What'd you get me?" Seth said with a slight pout, causing the twins to giggle, which made the three adults sitting with them smile.

"Sorry, Sethy poo, i spent all my money on these cuties." Leah teased, as she lightly tickled the tiny blondes.

Sethy poo was a nickname Paisley had made up for Seth.

Leah handed the twins two presents each, "These are from Eli and I." She told them.

Seth handed them each a box, wrapped in colorful paper. "Go on. Open them."

The twins just stared at the present for a minute, "They're all for us?" Brayden asked softly as he looked up at Leah with wide eyes.

All the adults in the room stopped and looked at the twins with sad eyes.

Leah took a deep breath to compose herself before squatting down in front of the twins. She smiled softly at him, "Yes, darlin, their all yours. And I bet when you go back home, you'll get a bunch more!" She told them in a happy voice.

The twins stared at her for a second before smiling widely and hugging her tightly, "Thank you, LeeLee."

Leah, slightly taken back, wrapped her arms around them, "You're welcome. Now open your presents!"

They twins smiled and sat back on the couch before ripping into their presents, while the adults watched the interaction with a smile.

As Leah took her seat back on Elijah's lap, Jacob leaned over toward her with a teasing smirk, "I think you're going soft LeeLee."

Leah just rolled her eyes as everyone, minus the children, laughed.

Elijah wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into him, "I think that was lovely, darling." He whispered in her ear. Leah leaned her head against Elijah's and kissed his temple softly.

They all continued to pass around presents and talk, enjoying their time together, for what might be the last time.

~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, at the Cullen House

The Cullen family and their guests were all spread across the living room, on couches and chairs, and some sitting in the floor.