Chapter 5: New Beginnings

Soup was a little surprised to see McNasty sitting on the porch. McNasty, on the other hand, was very surprised that Erica wasn't there. Anger and worry settled in the pit of his stomach.

"Where is she?" McNasty asked as Dallas walked right past him and into the house.

"Not here, obviously." Soup called as he walked up the stairs. Matt looked up from the couch and made eye contact with McNasty before they both walked upstairs as well.

"Okay, well where is she? She said she was coming to get her stuff." McNasty asked again, growing more agitated.

"Well I decided I didn't want you around her anymore. You're always in the way of her." Soup got out a suitcase from a closet and started packing away Erica's dresses and things, not stopping for anyone.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" McNasty ripped a dress out of Soups hand and glared at him while Matt stood at the ready in the door way.

"She wanted a family and for you to be in your child's life. She wanted to be a good mother and a good girlfriend and you couldn't let her. You ruin everything for her and then you tell me you want to take her to a psych ward? For what?"

"For wha-SHE is a HE, Dallas! Do you not remember?! That's Eric! That's TheDooo! HE is somehow magically pregnant and is turning into a woman! You know that isn't a wig on his head anymore, right? It's like the wig fused with his head and now THAT is his real hair! You don't find that weird?" Dallas took the dress back from McNasty's hand and continued to stare him down while he put it in the suitcase.

"No, Eric, I don't. The Universe is giving us an opportunity to make sense of this situation, and all you want to do is bitch and complain about it! Have you even considered that this is life now? I'm sorry it's not how YOU want it, but now it's time to grow up, face the consequences of your actions, and learn to live with what you have!" The room got silent as McNasty fought his brain to form a coherent sentence for his incoherent thoughts. Soup got everything he needed to and shut the case, and then decided to throw one last curveball. "Oh, and by the way, I DID notice that HER hair wasn't a wig. I felt it while we made out before I dropped her off."

Soup started for the door and McNasty stomped after him, ready to throw hands, but Matt held out his hand and stopped him. " Just let it go. You don't want to give Erica more of a reason to hate you." The front door slammed and McNasty practically flung himself down the steps and out the door.

"Wait! Will you at least tell me where you're taking her?" McNasty yelled to Dallas.

"That's her call, brother. I won't make any decisions while she's not here. Talk to her yourself." Soup shut the luggage in the backseat and opened the drivers door. " Oh, but do the both of you a favor, and man the fuck up before you do." With that, Soup drove away.

McNasty stood in the drive way for a long time and Matt stood at the door, staring at the back of the tall man's head. How did everything go to shit so fast? "C'mon, man. Let's go inside." Matt moved to the side and McNasty slowly went back into the house.

~Four hours, a half-eaten pizza, and a case of beer later~

McNasty sat on the couch with his head flopped back on the arm rest. His life felt like a rug that's been pulled from under his feet; letting him fall with nothing but the cold abyss underneath to catch him. It was a harmless little wish...not even a serious wish, it was just a joke. Why was the Universe ruining everything?

In the midst of his spiral into himself, McNasty felt a sloppy weight straddle his lap. "Ya know what I think?" Blarg gurgled, putting his hands on the others shoulders. "I think Soup's right. This is happnin' for a reason. They're off, having a grand ole time doing who knows what, and he's takin' care of her. And you're here with me, and we're not worried about it."

"But I am worried about it. I'm worried about my boyfriend." McNasty sighed, earning a finger to the lips.

"Shhhh...girlfriend, firstly. And...you said you didn't wanna be a dad, and she said she didn't wanna be around you no more."

"Gee, thanks."

"I'm just sayin..." The finger on his lips turned into a delicate hand on the cheek. The way Matt stared at McNasty's lips made his heart beat faster in his chest. "Maybe it's time for you to move on too." He had a point. Could McNasty really let this hold him and Erica back? He hadn't really changed his mind about wanting to be there after the pregnancy and Erica made it obvious she doesn't want him around unless he was on board...could this be his ticket back to normalcy? His way to forget about Dooo and accept Erica as someone new without trying to be a dad? Yeah...this seemed like a good idea. Like...perfect almost. "Kiss me~" Blarg purred, knocking the tall man from his thoughts.

McNasty put his hands on Blarg's hips and pulled him closer, letting their lips connected in a heated kiss. They made out, right there on the couch, and things got more intense. Turning, McNasty laid Blarg down on the couch and settled between his legs. "Promise me you won't get pregnant." He half joked.

"I promise I will not get pregnant." Blarg pulled McNasty back to him and they continued their night of passion, forgetting about the days troubles and ready to move on with the next faze of their lives.