Chapter 22: Darling, you look perfect tonight

As I woke up, everything seemed like a dream I hadn't wanted to wake up from. My mind still couldn't comprehend the fact that I'm dating Zayn, the guy who loves me more than anyone ever could. It was so normal and refreshing to be with him. I couldn't believe it was real. He is truly perfect, and I don't deserve someone as good as him. He is like a knight in shining armor who took away my sorrows and fears and hid them somewhere they could never be found again.

But it makes it even harder to be around him, because every minute I'm aware of myself so as not to hurt him. I have a constant tension in the back of my mind, screaming something I cannot understand. 

Even after having him, I couldn't help feeling nauseous and guilty whenever I am with him. And I couldn't understand, why? The only question is why I still feel like something's missing, even though he was everything any girl could ask for. Why do I feel like something's terribly wrong?

I might just be my paranoia getting the best of me, and the last thing written on my to-do list was to hurt him. I could not have imagined he would do that for someone you like. All he has done is always be by my side. He was the best boyfriend anyone could ask for, and I'm not going to let go of it simply due to a strange fear in my heart.

Taking a break from my thoughts, I rubbed my eyes and pushed my hair back. I pulled the duvet and stepped into the bathroom to get ready for school. As I walked out, I opened the curtains and peered through the window. Zayn was waiting outside his car for me to drive him to school. He waved at me when we our eyes met, and I waved back and smiled.

After grabbing my bag, I dashed down the stairs. To avoid catching my mom's eye, I hurried through the living room. As I neared the front door, I thought I'd made it.

"Back" I heard my mom shout from the kitchen. How could she have seen me?  I've always suspected she has eyes, at the back of her head as well.

After dragging myself back to the kitchen, I slumped on the counter stool.  My mother handed me two sandwiches, and she pinched my ear tightly. 

Trying to pull her hand from my ear, I yelled, "Mom!". 

"If I catch you going to school without eating breakfast once again, you will be grounded." 

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 17. You cannot ground me." I yelled.

"Oh poor child, you will always remain a kid to me," she muttered and stopped pinching. "Now eat fast, like a good girl, or you will be late."

As I munched on the sandwiches, I gave her an angry look, and pouted. After eating breakfast, I went outside and saw Zayn scrolling through his phone.

As he closed his phone and put it back in his pocket, he asked, "Are you ready?".

"Yes. Did I make you wait long?" I asked.

"No, but I'd wait a hundred lifetimes to be with you," he said half-seriously.

I said, "Oh, look at Mr. flirt passing cheesy lines in the morning, huh?". He pulled me by the waist and attached our hips together.

"Anything for you," he murmured as he kissed my lips. 

As we broke our kiss, I murmured, "We should go."

As he slipped into the driver's seat, I slid onto the passenger's seat. We reached the school in about five minutes. When I looked at Zayn, his face was filled with a similar expression. As he came around and opened the door for me, I took a deep breath. He offered his hand and I took it swiftly and smiled. 

As we walked through the steps and through the door, we saw many shocked and happy faces. Zayn and I are making our first appearance as a couple at school today. People gasped and whispered congrats as we walked past them.