Chapter 35: Moment in time

My night was ruined, not once, not twice. Before it barely began.

The rest of the night, I spent it in the girls' bathroom, crying. It's become a continuous cycle these days. Crying. I cannot remember the last time I went through a day without crying.

Daniel, I get it. He was looking for someone to fool around with, and he would've backed down if I insisted, but Zayn didn't have to beat him to death knowing nothing. Kelly kept on messaging me because she witnessed the whole scene, but I needed a little alone time. I cannot just go back and pretend everything's normal when it's clearly not. I'm just so frustrated with everything.

"Aw, hiding back here, Clara?" I heard the same high-pitched voice, which was the last thing she needed now. 

The universe is fucking with me now. 

"Don't worry, I'm not going to reveal your secret hiding spot to your little friends. Although...I'm not really sure why you're crying. I mean, you got a hot football player as a date and two lads fighting for your love. If I were you, I wouldn't sit here and mope about it. Live a little. It's prom, not hell." Max said, and I heard the sound of her footsteps leaving the bathroom.

Okay, she is pretty good at small talk. Really. I got two people who like me so much, and why do I have to cry about it? I just have to choose one of them, and I think by the end of the night I might just do that. It's not that hard. 

One of the hearts is going to break, and I'm not ready to take that risk yet. But if I prolong it anymore, it's going to hurt even more.

Boy, was I wrong.

I came out of the bathroom stall, fixed my ruined makeup and went out. Everyone was almost clearing out, and very few people were left. I checked the time and it was 10:30. The only ones left were my group and some students who didn't want to leave just yet.

We all signed up for cleaning, so they all stayed back. I joined the rest of the group at the huge table where everyone was sitting. 

"Clara. Where have you been?" Isabel questions, but before I get to answer, Kelly pulled me onto one chair.

"Just in time. We were just about to start the game." She clapped her hands and grinned. Yep, she's drunk. 

"What game?" I asked.

"Never have I ever. So, basically, everyone says something they have never done, and the person who has done that has to drink. As simple as that." Niall answered for her.

"Eh, I'm not sure. I think I should go home. I'll ask my mom to pick me up. You guys continue. I'll see you guys later, yeah?" I stood up and searched for my phone in my purse.

"Party pooper" Kelly slurred. 

"Buzz kill" Louis followed Kelly's insults.

"Louis!" Isabel slapped his arm and he rubbed it with a pout. "Now say sorry"

He glared at Isabel, but said "sorry" nevertheless.

"You owe me big time for that." Louis smirked at Isabel, her hand slowly sliding up her thigh.

"I know" She smiled back fondly and pecked him. They are so adorable. 

"Clara, stay for a little while. If that, Liam can drop you home. Right?" Pearl asked him.

"Of course. Come on. A little game doesn't hurt anyone." 

"I don't..." My phone bussed in my hand. 

Harry: Stay. Please.

I looked up to see him giving me his best puppy dog eyes and of course I couldn't resist.