Chapter One: Sudden Entrance

It happened so suddenly.

It was just a normal day for Ruby, wake up at 7, shower, brush her teeth, and then go to class. Combat class, that is.

Two students were chosen, Pyrrha Nikos, Remnant's youngest hero, and Cardin Winchester, the bully of the academy.

Just as they were about to clash, a sudden light enveloped the entire arena, and two men suddenly appeared.

One was an old man, at least in his eighties. His body was covered in disgusting wounds, and the most disturbing thing was that his stomach was cut open. 

The other was a younger man, seemingly in his twenties. He was also covered in wounds, but to a much, much less extent than the old man.

It was just so sudden that everyone was confused. They looked at the two men in confusion, especially the teacher of the classroom, Glynda Goodwitch. She looked at them with utter disbelief, having no idea where they came from.

What was even more shocking, was that both of them seemed to lack any aura whatsoever. And yet, everyone in the arena felt extremely uncomfortable, as if they were gripped by the hands of death.

The old man coughed out blood, and slowly stood up, his intensities falling from his stomach. He slowly turned his attention at the man in front of him, and let out a laugh. For some reason, that laugh has put Ruby on-edge, there was just something... so sinister in that laugh.

"It seems..." The old man muttered, "Even teleportation... cannot do anything against you. To think... that you'd be able to drag me with you with just the air pressure from your final attack... You're clever, Northern Blade, you are indeed the lord of the northern heavenly sect..." 

The old man coughed up some more, barely being able to speak. The man in front of him however, had an emotionless look on his face. He rubbed his forehead, and let out a sigh.

"Where am I?" He turned his gaze towards the old man, and despite it seemingly being empty, she felt a shudder from the way he talked, and his gaze was similar to that of daggers.

"That's... a good question." The old man answered "It was supposed to be... a last resort... even I didn't know where it will take you if I used the ability. I'm not even sure... if this is the same planet or timeline we were in before. Not... that it matters, even if I was able to use it again... you've already adapted to the teleportation, didn't you...?"

The man remained emotionless, before strengthening his grip on his sword.

"Hah..." the old man let out a weak laugh, "It's over for me... The Demons, The Martial artists that I have trained for centuries... all gone in a mere blink... you're truly a monster, I couldn't be happier that I'll be killed off... by the last lord of the sect that always opposed me."

His laugh slowly turned into one of a maniac. However, there was a certain glint coming from his eyes.

They were tears.

The young man on the other hand, also had a saddened look on his face. He looked around, witnessing the faces of the shocked audience simply made him sigh once more. He had a troubled look on his face. He turned his gaze towards the old man again, analyzing it.

"You're not lying. This world has a different flow, they seem to have a variant of Chi, albeit much weaker. And based on their clothing, we either travelled into the future, or this place is completely different from our world. There... really is no way for me to go back, huh?"

The man gritted his teeth, and for the first time, an aura came out.

It was a massive, blood-wrenching aura. To the point that everyone in the arena froze in fear and indescribable, disgusting visions began to cloud their minds. Not just that... this aura was so powerful, that almost-- no, all of the students slowly brought their weapons near their necks, including Ruby.

It was so horrifying, that death was simply a much better alternative than to even staying in the aura's vicinity, let alone fight that monster.

All but that old man, he simply laughed once more. The young man widened his eyes in surprise, and immediately, the aura disappeared. 

Everyone in the area exhaled, immediately dropping their weapons and grabbing their heads, before crouching, fear still evident in their eyes. Some students even had gray hair, somehow. And yet, no one dared to mutter a single word.

"Why... the grief...? You, and all of Murim, have emerged the victor. Let pride fill your heart and, please, do not devalue my defeat. Tell me, are other people truly that important? If my lack of it had been the cause of my defeat, and the support you received the reason you have won...I implore you to prove it. Hah...Hahaha! You must swear on it, for such is the duty of the northern lord. It is your obligation as the northern blade, and the last heir to the northern sect, to demonstrate that my defeat was truly absolute. Fail to do so... and I will make my return. After all, it would mean I was never truly defeated." The old man began to heavily cough blood-- no, it was something else. A black substance that was eerily similar to Grimm, but Ruby knew it wasn't that.

"I... bear no regrets, and I would prefer... if you do not give me any. The strength and the will responsible for my downfall must be the greatest of all. I would be thankful... if you eased my heart with the belief I was not defeated by something trifling."

The young man was unmoved by the old guy's words, but quietly, he brought out his sword, and pointed it at the man in front of him.

"I have lived... since the creation of the world... billions upon billions of years... i have accumulated all of that experience... I have become so wise... that I was able to master new martial arts by simply hearing the sword swing, or even just how a man moved... and yet here I am, after mastering an uncountable number of martial arts, I have been defeated by a mortal whose existence is even yet to be known to the world."

The old man let out another laugh.

"And yet, I couldn't be happier. To think I'll be defeated by a true genius. Even after learning everything, and even after copying your own martial arts to pure perfection, I still wasn't able to defeat you. You truly are... the Northern Blade. I thank you with all my heart..."

The young man rose his sword, the ground itself shaking with the mere draw of his sword.

"Thank you... Y/N."

SLASH!