Sayonara

Even if you cannot hear my voice...I'll be right beside you, dear....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gaara had always felt out of place, especially when it came to (Name). Although he tries to hide his emotions carefully, seeing he with Sasuke brings this clenching feeling in his stomach. Why does he feel out of place? Well, he hadn't known (Name) for long but when she first opened up that door to him, he had to hold in his gasp. He thought he was getting closer to her, becoming her best friend. He was right of course, that is why his face twitched up to a slight smile when he saw a text from her. 

'Gaara, you are someone I can rely on...right?' She wrote. Gaara stared at the screen for a few seconds before replying. 

'Of course.'

'I want to talk to you about something....it's about Sasuke.' Gaara's breath hitched in his throat. He was hoping she wouldn't bring that asshole up. 

' Ok,' he sent. He waited for his cell to beep again in the silence of his room. 

'Sasuke said he is moving. He said he wouldn't leave, but I have a feeling he will go because of his father. I thought I hated him but I'm not so sure anymore.' As Gaara read the message over and over again in his mind, he clenched his teeth. He somehow knew this would happen. He knew Sasuke was going to hurt her someway or another, and it made him sick to his stomach. He moved his thumbs around hovering over the keyboard contemplating on what to write beck. 

'He said he wouldn't leave right? If he leaves you that would just show how much he doesn't care about you.' It took (Name) longer this time to reply. When the beep rang out, it startled him. 

'You think if he leaves, I could be happy?' 

'Perhaps' Gaara rubbed his hands together. (Name) doesn't know it yet, but that messege she just sent...will be the key thing that Gaara will use to make sure (Name) ends up with himself. 

*****

"Sasuke, I need to talk to you," The next day at school, Gaara pulled Sasuke to the side. He resisted at first, but Gaara made sure he had this conversation with him. 

"What is it?" Sasuke said irritably. 

"I heard you are moving." Gaara said darkly. Sasuke stared at him for a moment too long and quickly looked away. 

"I'm not going anywhere," 

"Have you considered (Name)'s thoughts about this?" Gaara's eyes seemed to look right through Sasuke. Sasuke shifted his weight on one foot and leaned against the brick wall of the school. "You know your father will take you with him. It makes me sick that you would throw false hopes onto (Name). You promise her you will stay, but what if you don't? Maybe you should just leave, besides she will be happier that way. You are not good for her Sasuke. Don't you remember, that she hated you?" Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows and went to leave but Gaara caught him by the arm. "If you don't believe me, maybe you should look at this text she sent me." Gaara pulled out his phone and pulled up the text and shined it in Sasuke's face, and after his eyes moved along the screen, his face went pale. 

(Sasuke POV)

'You think if he left, I could be happy?' I read the line over and over. I looked down at my feet, clenching my jaw. Is she not happy with me around? Would she be happier if I left? 

(3rd Person POV)

~3 days later~

Sasuke stayed home from school. (Name) said that she would stay with him, but he told her to go without him saying her father would be upset if she missed another school day because of him. She had asked if today was the day his father came back, and he said yes. Sasuke told her that he needed to talk with his father, on the terms of moving. She was easily persuaded, and went to school normally. She was under the impression that Sasuke went to convince his father to let him stay...but that wasn't the case. 

(Name) walked back to her house, eager to ask Sasuke how it went. She opened the front door and called out. "Sasuke! Yo! How did the thing with your dad go?" She received no response. She looked all around the house confused. She shrugged her shoulders and made her way to her room. When she walked in, she noticed a piece of paper lying on her bedspread. She dropped her bag on the floor and walked slowly over to it. She picked it up with trembling hands, scared of the words the paper held. 

Dear (Name) –
You looked so beautiful today. I'm going to remember what you looked like forever. 
But I'm leaving with my father today, and I don't know if I'll ever see any of you again. The thing is, (Name), I know that you have always hated me, but I have a feeling that you began to soften up a little towards me. 
Gaara showed me that text you sent to him. I am sorry that I wasn't able to make you happy like you always wanted. Maybe if I leave, you will be able to find happiness because that is all I really wanted you to have. Considering you've been sad your whole life. 
The thing is, (Name) , I love you. I can't help but be focused on you when we're together. If you're in the room, I want to be next to you. If you're gone, I think about you. You're the one I want to talk to. When we're together, the sun is shining. When we're apart, everything is in shades of gray. I am not sure if you feel the same about me, but seeing that I am leaving I feel like what I say in here doesn't matter. 
I hope you'll forgive me someday for perhaps making things worse by writing this letter, but I could not leave without saying how I truly feel. 
But the more I thought about it, the more sure I got that this is the right thing to do. For you. And maybe even for me because I don't want to see you cry ever again. I wish that I could have turned back the clock so I could have found you sooner and loved you longer...that we might of had a chance. 
I love you. I love your smile, your snarl, your grin, your face when you're sleeping.  I love how you get angry at me over the silliest things.I love how you surprise me with your watergun which seems to always pop out of nowhere. I love your eyes, whether they're cold or calculating or suspicious or laughing or warm, like when you look at me.
You're the biggest goofball, the worst driver, and a truly lousy cook which leaves me constantly feeding you even if you don't like my omelettes. You're my best friend, my first and only love, and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and I don't expect you to feel the same way, considering that you will be happy and maybe even find a better guy than me, which may be Gaara. 
Tell you what: if in 5 years from today you want to meet me again, and we are still alive and breathing, I'll see you again. I'll find you. You can bet on it. 
Good-bye, I hope we will meet again. 
Sasuke