-- love

Dear Diary,

Fuck love.

—-

The brown rusty door swung open, a huge gust of air rushing inside the room as a young girl collapse inside. Pairs of eyes looked at the door, before gazing their eyes to see the Hufflepuff.

Y/n was breathing heavily, bits of air slowly inhaling her nose. No matter how hard she tried, she could not seem to get enough air to speak properly.

"S—sorry I'm late." She said, trying to sound calmly but miserably failing. A cough caught her throat before she forcibly pushed it down to not receive anymore weird stares.

Professor Slughorn, the teacher of the class stepped forward and looked at the exhausted girl. It would be a pity to see a girl who had a bright future ahead of her look this way.

"Did you run all the way to my class, y/n?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Her gaze fell to the floor, embarrassed at the look the professor gave her. It was even more embarrassing when every student was looking at her. Her helpless form.

"Yes.. I did." Her breath seemed to reach its normal state, where her talking became more clearer.

SlugHorn's face looked like he would be bursting out laughing if he wasn't a mature teacher. Shaking his head, he motioned the girl to come forward.

Pushing the door closed, y/n walked near to where her classmates are, too shy to even stand next to a person.

"No need to be worried. In fact, you came just in time for me to explain our next potion we are going to be learning."

Y/n looked up to see all eyes left her form, instead the gazes looked towards a big black pot that stood about 5-feet tall.

"Is it going to be the aging potion?!" A voice exclaimed.

"Befuddlement Draught perhaps?"

"What about alihotsy draught?"

Everyone spoke at once, stating random potions they know to the professor while he just seemed amused.

"Impressive that all you youngsters know that many potions. Unfortunately, nobody has stated the correct one.." His voice trailed off, his hand digging into his pocket to search for something.

Y/n's curiosity only grew as the gazes became tense, everyone wanting to know what the potion was.

"..Aha! It's this lovely beauty!" A small, yet valuable little glass with liquid filled half-way.

Y/n tilted her head, a move she always did when she was confused. A potion that tiny clearly did not have any reason to be valuable, or exquisite. So why did professor looked at it like it was the key to treasure?