--oemor

Dear diary,

Life is a mess.|

——

——

Y/n's face was muffled on her pillow, a tired sigh coming out of her. Exhaustion was an understatement of what she was feeling.

Her next class didn't start in another 30 minutes, giving her enough time to think. Think about her family. More specifically, her brother.

She hadn't talked to b/n ever since that hour of the day he was announced as a Slytherin. The word sounded like a snake, hissing when you say the house.

It was truly terrifying on what her parents might think. Will he be disowned? Will the fault be on her? Scenarios gathered up through her thoughts, giving her a headache. She regretted telling her brother that their parents wouldn't care.

It was a lie full with pity.

Her headache came to her, making her groan in frustration. She didn't want to think about the consequences when they went home for winter break, which was still in three months.

Damn this life. Filled with hatred and selfishness that only appear on the ones we grew close to. The ones who taught us everything.

Whatever, she thought. It was no time to feel pity of herself, for she only has herself to blame. A hypocrite she was.

Or she thought she was.

An abrupt knock startled y/n as she turned to face the brown-rusty old door.

"Y/n? Class is about to start." Another Hufflepuff called out. Her breath huffed at the call, momentarily setting her head down.

Great.

—-

Y/n sat down on a chair, her eyes intensely looking at the words of the book. Interested she was interested at the contents of the story it held, curious of what would happen when she turned the page.

That was until she heard a chair next to her squeak, her attention distracted away from the book to look at the mysterious person right of her.

"Well, aren't you looking rather bummed today, hm~?" An amused tone said, making y/n slightly shocked.

There sat a flaming-red headed boy, freckles covering half of his fair skin. His blue-eyes were lazily staring at y/n with the palm of his hand holding his chin.

Absolutely flabbergasted at the sudden presence, she hid her face with the book.

"Who the hell are you, and what do you want?" She was hoping he would lose the amused expression he held on his face, but it made his grin even wider. His eyes slowly widening in amusement of the Hufflepuff's tone.

"Oh? Never expected that attitude for a Hufflepuff." He said, sitting up while putting his two hands at the back of his head. Leaning back on the chair, he put on a genuine smile.