A Step into the Limelight

"Fantastic~! Amazing~! But this is Nonfiction~!"

The verses to a song we once performed rang throughout the quaint room, as I reminisced on those times, when I stood in the middle of the stage not as some front act, but rather the center of the act itself.

I can't help but reminisce, after all that was the very first time I finally got one of my dreams to come to life.

Before, I was but a normal girl in my childhood, usually in the arcades after school or helping out as a shrine maiden in the shrine our family lived on, enjoying the small actions in life.

It all changed when a talent scout found me while I was at an arcade one day, trying in vain to get a plush out of a crane machine. Apparently, this scout was trying to find someone fit for the role, something that got me allured especially when I finally saw the things behind the scenes.

So, I worked hard, tried my best at just about anything, just to get my chance to get that coveted Main Role.
But all was for naught, because every single time I tried to, someone gets picked instead for a number of reasons, with me being delegated into a secondary role no matter how hard I work or how hard I rehearsed.

It didn't stop me from trying, using all kinds of things just to get the attention of some wandering talent scout.
But I knew deep down, being second best will always be the role I'll always get.

When these two girls came to me one day to recruit me to be some "school idol", I was utterly envious and angry at first, my mindset being; "Just because these high school girls did some song and dance, they get more famous than me, who worked hard but never given the chance to shine?!"
But seeing their performance firsthand, which captivated me because of the earnest feelings that they poured into it, got me thinking; "If somehow, I got into their group and showed them how good I am, I can possibly become the center of everyone's attention!"

And I did just that, showing them what a former child star, even a minor one, can do, but every time I tried to move to get the center, someone would always get in my way, either the rabid idol otaku's antics or the shy musician's sheer charisma.

Once again, I felt nothing but disappointment, that I will always be the last option.
But our leader, this charismatic, shy musician, gave me a chance to take that center and shine as the star of the stage.
Soon, this small group of three became five, with the addition of a former ballet dancer and pianist and a choreographer, both who were helpful for the group in addition to the lyricist and the costume and prop designer.

But unlike them, I don't have a specialty to call my own, and coupled with the trauma of being second rate and the jeers that came from my schoolmates, it took my melancholy to the lowest points.
Once again, someone saved me and my dream, and that is none other than that idol fan, the one that I considered my rival at first.

She gave me a push to pursue this dream even with everyone against me, that I'm the star of my own story.
That was the final push I've needed, the thing that freed me from my failures, as I took the crown and the stage and blazed my path ahead!

Today, as we finished another round of practice for our next performance, I closed this chapter of mine and created a new one: in order to pay back this support I've been given tenfold by giving my all to step onto the finals.

And there, I- no, we can finally say that we also deserved to be in this grand spotlight.

---------------------

And here's the newest part, hope it's worth the wait!
As always, feedback is appreciated, and will see you in the next one!

- FutureRing