03. Flames

Taehyung made no move to taste or have the food smoking hot in front of him. He simply studied me, his thumb stroking sensually on the back of my palm.

A rush of embarrassment ran through my whole being. I hesitated to spare a gaze at him suddenly became my habit. 

I was lost for words in knickknacks as I heard his deep talk over the call.

Holding my breath, his finger delicately halted on my wrist. My eyes squinted hoping none of the wild thoughts blows my brain and come back to bite me.

"Yeah... I'll send you the copy now, that's what-" He continued and I missed it, unaware of my surroundings.

Finally, he is here... The one I'm looking for but why can't I just look up and talk about everything I feel like he is my world.

Times I lost in the past don't fear me anymore.

With him, I'll get my memories back. Won't I ever look in his eyes without getting worried?

My frozen heart, knocking at his castle door with a beat to take this place in my heart.

Will he promise to rescue me?

I gasped when his arms pull me close into a quick warm embrace taking me away from eternal loneliness. The cold never bothered me anyway when he came and picked me from the unfamiliar world.

I gazed at his plate realizing that he only ate a few mouthfuls and left. 

The sound in the dark gets louder in the dining room as I get too close to where my demons hide— times we had spent together in my distant memory.

Won't he ever bring me back? Wake me up and call my name. Here my frozen heart that just started to beat.

Stop dreaming the dark

Here's my world for you to sleep

Maybe this kind of feeling is just a burden. I hesitated at some point, he gradually bored my day.

The thought of him waking up in the morning was calming me. Someday he will get drunk and confess to me.

I like you every day

I'm not sure if it's awkward the moment I was hesitating to enter our bedroom. I know I'm blunt and speechless. I'm shy about uneasiness looking back at you continuing your business call.

Only a cheeky bitter laugh left from my lips. Every time I run into you, into a clumsy hug welcoming you. But I want to hold the little you in my arms, eye contact and say I love you so much. I want to be together.

After hesitating for a while tonight also fades away with regret.

Smothering... 

I can't breathe in the middle of the night even if I struggled hard.

Eventually, I snapped out of my deep slumber as I was sweating and badly drenched.

What's going on? Why I can't breathe normally?

All I could see was his slender fingers enclosed, it sent deadly shivers down my neck till my toes. My mind was numb to interpret what he was ought to do with me while I was sleeping.

Taehyung's eyes blankly stared back at me before he spoke in a husky tone, "I'm helping you."

I pushed away immediately seeing him grab the blanket off me making cold air tinges my bare shoulders. 

What's the meaning of helping me? I couldn't find the reason for his murky eyes, his coldness.

I reminisce the moment I was fretting and gasping for air a bit seconds before.

"You want to die." Those words harshly left from his sinister lips making me dumbfounded.

A/N: Thanks for waiting, guyz. 😊

I was about to update before but I was all packed on those special days. But here I'm wishing you,

Merry Christmas! 🎄 

Happy Taehyung Day! 💜 

And Happy New Year! ✨