Arrivals

The cold breeze of November's soft winds kissed Jasper's cheek as he stepped off the plane, a mix of excitement and nervousness swirling around in his chest.

He had spent hours studying the Korean language over the last three years, but being here immersed in incheons rich atmosphere, he couldn't help but feel a little in over his head.

He stood at the arrivals area cloaked in an oversized tan trench coat with black jeans that tucked into his boots. His eyes surveyed the crowd, looking for a sign that would indicate the company driver who would be here to pick him up.

"Mr. harrington?" A voice called from the crowed.

Jasper glanced over and quickly hurried towards the man. The driver held out his hand as he bowed. "My Name is Jae-Joon, I will be your personal driver during your time at Pledis.".

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jae-Joon," Jasper said with a grin. "But please call me Jasper."

Jae-Joon took the suitcase from Jasper and led him towards the black car waiting outside. They quickly pulled out into the exit lane, heading for Pledis.

Jasper sat with his eyes glued to the window as the sharp intensity of Seoul's skyline came into focus. "Could this city become home?" he thought to himself, his eyes focusing on the repetition of tall apartment buildings lined up like bowling pins.

His eyes grew wide as Jae-Joon weaved his way through Seouls intricate streets, a new experience at every turn. He snapped a photo in his mind, breathing in the scent of autumn in Seouls air.

"We are almost there," Jae-Joon said in a giddy tone.

A feeling of anxiousness welled up in Jaspers heart, and he subciously began to drum on his knees. "I hope I can get along well with everyone," he thought to himself, trying to calm his heart.

The car stopped outside the entrance to Pledis Entertainment. "We're here," Jae-Joon said, smiling as Jasper stepped out of the vehicle.

The feeling of anxiousness swelled in his chest as he stood looking up at the building. "This is it," He said, taking a deep breath and walking towards the building.

Long geometric lines surrounded by large dark windows shrouded the pledis building in mystery as Jasper approached the entrance. He stepped up to the intercom and pressed the buzzer. A moment later, a voice spoke on the other end of the intercom, "Mr harrington?" . "Yes, that's me," Jasper said, exhaling softly as the receptionist came to open the door, letting him inside.

"I will let Ceo Han Sung Soo know that you are here."

Jasper sat in the lobby deep in thought as he heard footsteps approaching from the hallway.

"Mr Harrington?" a firm authoritative voice spoke from across the lobby, causing Jasper to immediately stand up.

"It's good to finally meet you," his voice softened as a grin formed on his face.

Jasper bowed and greeted Ceo Han Sung Soo. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, sir," Jasper spoke in a charming voice.

"We are so excited to see how you will help us grow, Mr Harrington," Mr Han said in an anticipating tone. "Please follow me to my office."

The two of them walked together down the halls that were ornately decorated with promotional posters and records of Pledis artists. Jasper's eyes darted back and forth, taking note of all the idols he recognized in the posters.

Ceo Han sung Soo, opened the door to his office, and gently gestured towards the chair in front of his desk. "Please have a seat so we can discuss your new position." He spoke to Jasper for well over 30 minutes with such hope in his eyes for his company.

"I truly believe my years of experience in the New York creative industry will help push Pledis towards an even brighter future. If there is anything I can do to help make this company shine, you can count on me to make it happen. "

Mr. han smiled warmly, thanking Jasper and began talking about the more important job details, salary, housing & and benefits. "We have an apartment for you in the same building as the fromis_9 dorm to make things easier." He smiled and looked at Jasper. After a few more minor details, the meeting was over.

Mr Han reached out his hand, initiating a shake. "Thank you for choosing our company, Mr Harrington," Mr Han said with a warm smile.

"Please call me Jasper '' He replied with a light chuckle. Mr Han smiled "okay Jasper, Jae-Joon will take you back to your apartment, and we will see you back here tomorrow for your first day." Jasper bowed respectfully and left the room.

Jasper met Jae-Joon outside and hopped into the car, ready to have some well needed rest at his apartment. The car started, and they headed off.

-------------

Hayoung stood at the complex entance, keycard in hand, ready to swipe her way inside the building. Lately, she had been spending long hours at the studio due to an acoustic side project she was working on. She would usually arrive at the dorm much later than the other members if she made it home at all. It had been three times now that she fell asleep on the studio couch only to be woken up by sunrises morning kiss through the window shades.

*swipe* she drove the card down through the keycard reader, and nothing happened. *swipe* she tried again and nothing. Frustrated, she held up the card towards the street lights above her and took note of the deep scratches along the magnetic strip.

Hayoung sighed softly and began digging into her bag for her phone. "Jisun should be awake," she thought as she trailed her contact list. "Found you," she said in a satisfied voice.

She went to press call when an arm suddenly reached over her shoulder and swiped the keycard reader.

Hayoung slowly turned around, startled to see a guy towering over her. His hazel eyes glimmered in the night lights as he smiled at her with a warmth that enveloped the air around them.

"You shouldn't be standing outside in the cold. You might get sick," he said with a soft chuckle before holding the door open for her.

Hayoung stumbled on her words, trying to process a clever response in English, but settled with "T-Thank you" bowing slightly before taking off towards the elevator, her face scruntched up in mild embarrassment.

----

Jasper stood standing at the entrance doorway, smiling to himself as he watched Hayoung get on the elevator. He had recognized her the moment she'd turned around.

The door opened behind him, and Jae-Joon walked in, having not seen their interaction. "Let me show you to your apartment Japsper." They took the elevator to the third floor and walked down the hallway. "Your apartment is number 301, we had someone bring your luggage and guitar earler. I will be back in the morning to drive you to the building. " Jae-Joon handed Jasper the key before turning and walking back down the hallway to the car.

Jasper turned the key and slowly walked inside his new apartment, looking around. Without too much exploration, he found the bathroom and washed away the stresses of travel with a hot shower. The only thing he really cared about was the bed. Feeling fresh and relaxed, he dove into the blankets and quickly fell asleep as the exhaustion of travel finally caught up with him.