1 - 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍

"𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙼𝚢 𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚞𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎."

Not good enough. There needed to be something there, something to make the phrase sound like...sound like it wasn't written by a ten year old.

Groaning, I rubbed my hands over my face and stared at my computer screen once again. The dorm was unusually quiet. No roommates to chip in ideas or complain about their own lectures. I kind of missed it. 

I flipped over my face-down phone and sent off a quick message to Ara:

ME: hey, yd u have to go and have a 'bf day'?

im boreddd

BANEOFMYLIFE: get smth done now that im not here! 

isn't that what ure always wishing?#

I huffed, putting my phone down and looking at the screen again. Microsoft Word stared back, with the Assignment Title, A Death in the Woods and a few sub-par lines of text.

Picking up my phone again, I typed and sent:

ME: i have no inspo help

I saw the three dots of 'typing...' and, my eyes flicking to the time on the top bar, waited anxiously.

BANEOFMYLIFE: go for a walk! find a shop or park or smth. take a break.

Good. an excuse to not continue with this. sending a quick 'thnx',  I closed my laptop and picked up my handbag, pocketing my phone, a mask and some change. If Layla was right and I really did need a break, a walk in the park would do me some good.

✎♥📷

'annyeong caffeine!' was a quaint little quiet place just off the corner of a bigger high street bustling with people. I wondered how I'd never noticed it before - it was so...cute! I went inside to the tinkling of a bell, and the shop was all high spinny chairs and wooden tables and the smell of sweet cinnamon. A perfect place to unwind and getting the creative juices flowing.

Carefully adjusting my mask underneath my glasses, I gave a friendly wave to the cashier and approached the counter.

"Welcome to annyeong caffeine! Is this your first time here?" I glanced over the large chalkboard menu on the wall, covered from top to bottom in drinks and treats.

"Yes, actually. I was looking for a quiet place to think, and I guess this is it." The clerk gave me a smile - at least, I thought it was a smile underneath the mask - and recommended me a drink on the house, which I ordered and took with excitement.

At the time, there was no one sitting in the cafe, so I chose a comfortable couch near the window wall, took off my mask and took out my phone while I sipped. Opening my previous document on the screen, I scrolled to the planning page. I'd written down everything I wanted to happen, as you should, but I just...couldn't get it written nicely.

As I racked my brain for a good sentence starter, I heard the familiar bell ringing again. Looking up, I spotted a tall person, heading straight for the counter where the clerk greeted them heartily. They were a regular then. The person ordered as I inspected their features, totally not like a creep. Short chocolate hair, bangs hanging over the eyes, a baggy pastel pink button-down shirt and brown trousers, complete with a pair of converse. Adorable.

The person took their drink, and as their head turned towards me I hurriedly looked back at my phone, cheeks blazing in embarrassment. They might've seen me staring. Crap.

As I pretended to be invested in whatever was on my phone, taking another gulp of my now lukewarm drink, I felt the presence of the person come sit behind me, on the couch on the other side. Anywhere in the whole cafe, and they chose to sit there.

"So, do you come here often?"

***

Hey! Hope you guys like the first chapter of 'the coffee shop boy'. Please, don't be afraid to leave comments! Compliments, questions and constructive criticism are always welcome (:

the next chapter will be from seungmin's pov, so look forward to everyone's favourite puppy.

-4_strayer_2209<3