4 - 𝚊 𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝

Seungmin's hands trembled as he adjusted the camera's zoom. I put my fingers over his. "You okay?" I asked, looking into his deep brown eyes. He met my gaze. Licking his bottom lip, he muttered, "Yep. Yeah, I'm good." His hair flopped into his eyes, blocking his view. Giggling, I reached up and brushed it away, resting my palm on his cheek.

"You're cute." I said, so low it was almost a whisper. Seungmin's eyes glazed over a bit, before he wrapped his hand around the back of my neck, and pulled me to his lips.

"Gah!" I woke up to total silence. Ugh, what a dream. The things that boy did to me.

Rolling over in my bed and burying my face in my pillow, I groaned over the blaring of my alarm clock. Time for class, I guess.

Pressing my books close to my chest, I speed-walked through Harvard's hallway, avoiding the eyeline of excited students and their eccentric friends. Positivity sometimes drained me, and I needed to preserve all of my energy for my daily list today. Stopping abruptly in front of my locker, I stuffed my books inside the narrow space, and pulled out my scrapbook, bursting with pictures and stickers between its pages.

Once I'd found a quiet spot in the vast library, I sat down and flipped open the scrapbook, eyes landing on the different spreads inside. 'enemies to lovers','best friends to mortal enemies','medieval core fantasy vibes', the themes and aesthetics were limitless. Opening pinterest, I typed in 'love at first sight aesthetic' and scrolled through the posts, writing down quotes and sentences into the book. Maybe this would help with a new project - even if it didn't, I didn't want it to escape my mind.

Didn't want to forget about him.

As I wrote, my phone buzzed next to me, and popped up with a text message:

'Hey, sunshine.'

I was grinning before the phone was even in my hand. Looking up, I caught sight of those sam eyes from two weeks ago#, those same eyes from my dream that morning.

'Why are you staring at me, you creep?' I texted back jokingly. I glanced up. Seungmin's eyes flicked to his phone, and he bit his lip, texting back:

'i really like to look at beautiful things, sue me.'

My breath hitched. A movement made me look up again. He was coming towards me - what was I supposed to do?

Seungmin took a seat across from me,  resting his arms on the table. 

"I'm surprised I haven't seen you here before." He said, tilting his head and beamed at me. My face flushed as I smiled back.

"I'm surprised too, Seungmin." I responded. His eyes travelled down to my open book. I slammed it closed, clenching my jaw.

"'love at first sight', huh?" He quipped, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up." I spluttered, putting the book out of sight and into my lap. We'd had this thing between us for a while - teasing and flirting and complimenting each other a little more than platonic friends would. At this point, the romantic tension was so thick you could almost cut it with a knife - almost

"Shouldn't you be outside taking pictures of flowers or something?" I murmured, just loud enough for him to hear. Seungmin burst out laughing, covering his mouth. However, I saw a glint of metal before he could hide it.

"Hey...did you get braces?" I said, standing up and leaning over the table to get a closer look. Seungmin hesitated, looking up at me from the angle we were at.

"Uh...." He pursed his lips. "Nope."

"Huh." I murmured. "Too bad, I guess. You would've looked so attractive if you did..."

"Hey, that's not fair!" He interrupted, and I smirked. His new set were on full display, making him look even cuter than he already was. Gosh he was adorable.

We bantered like that for a while, exchanging comments and just what we were doing. I think that was the first time I'd actually seen him in Harvard, although I knew we both went there.

"Isn't it weird how we've never seen each other here until now?" U remarked. He bit his lip. 

"Yeah, it's...it's really weird."

"Seungmin? Were you avoiding me or something?" I asked. He averted his eyes.

"It's not my fault that your gorgeous and I get nervous in person, okay?" He said in a hushed voice.

My breath stilled. Maybe we really were getting somewhere, and he did have feelings for me.

Or maybe it was all in my head.