Eddie Kaspbrak (Nov. 2, 1975)

November 2, 1975
3:23 a.m.

A young woman screamed in agony. Her husband, furiously sweating, held her hand as she gripped it back tightly. 

"You're doing great, Mrs. Kaspbrak," a young nurse said, dabbing her head with a wet cloth.

"I don't care if I'm doing great!" She cried, "I just want this baby out of me!"

Her husband gently shushed her, "Sonia, hon, it'll all be over soon. Just a few more pushes, and we'll be able to see our beautiful, healthy baby boy soon."

She huffed before crying in pain, "I told you. She's going to be a girl!"

"Just one more push," the doctor said, barely being heard over her screams.

One push later and the room quieted as Sonia caught her breath. Her husband, Frank, had taken the damp cloth from the nurse and was cleaning her with it.

"You did so well, sweetie. So very good."

A wail interrupted him, and Sonia gasped. Frank gently let go of her hand and stood up from his chair. After taking a few shaky steps, he finally made it to the nurse. He took a peek over her shoulder before turning back towards Sonia with a smile.

"Well, looks like I won." A tap on his shoulder interrupted him. Turning around, the nurse held out a bundle to him.

"Would you like to hold your son, Mr. Kaspbrak?"

He smiled, "would I?" He held out his arms, and the nurse gently maneuvered him into the desired position before placing the baby down.

She continued to coach him through how to hold the baby as he brought him over to Sonia.

The woman herself had tears in her eyes. "Oh... He's beautiful." She looked towards Frank with a teasing yet tired smile, "I told you he would be a boy."

He kissed her forehead with a laugh, "and you are always right, my dear."

They both glance down at a tiny wail, Sonia gently shushing him. 

The nurse asked, "What would you like to name him?"

Sonia glanced at Frank with an adoring look, "Edward Franklin Kaspbrak. Eddie for short."

The nurse wrote down the name and left the new parents alone with their son. Eddie yawned, stretching his tiny arms out towards them.

"His soulmate is going to be very lucky," Sonia whispered.

"Yes, they are," Frank agreed, "and I can't wait for the day he gets his identification and finds his soulmate. I can't wait to watch him grow up."

~~~~~~~

Five Years Later

Frank Kaspbrak sat up in his hospital bed as the door swung open, and in came Eddie, bouncing with energy. Eddie jumped on the bed, tackling his father in a death grip. 

"Hi, Papa!" 

Frank laughed, "Hey there, kiddo. How was your first day at school?"