Chapter 1- Waiting For A Week's Passing

I wondered, how long could this really go on? How much longer could I withstand the sound of the horde below? I could only imagine that my old, boring life is never coming back. That I would have to live through this eternal nightmare until I'm gone.

Despite the circumstances, it was a beautiful day. The sky was blue and cloudy. The perfect amount of sunshine with the perfect amount of breeze. I couldn't help but get lost in thought, probably for the hundredth time this day. But at least there was something pretty to look at besides the sickening sight of the monster-infested city streets.

In this moment of dread, I guess I do happen to miss my old life.

"Momo... you're sulking again," Chaeyoung said, lightly kicking me.

"Sorry, I'm thinking too much as always," I apologized to her, getting up from my sheets.

"Aren't we all?" Dahyun laughed, patting my shoulder.

The three of us looked over the ledge, watching the monsters wander for their next victims.

I sighed, asking, "where did they come from? How did these things just suddenly appear out of thin air?"

Our group behind sighed too, probably wondering the same thing.

"Hey, does everyone have weapons?" One of the guys asked. "Just in case things get out of hand, we should be ready."

"I brought my hunting rifle. Would that work.. uhh, remind me your name again..."

"Minho. Choi Minho."

"Johnny. Let's work together from now on," he introduced himself.

"Let's. And yes, that's perfect. How many rounds do you have?"

"Enough rounds to last for a couple weeks."

"Great. Anyone else?"

"I brought my hunting bow with a full quiver," said a man named Junji.

"I also have some knives that I brought, though close range against these things could get dangerous," I said, holding up a grocery bag.

"That's perfectly fine. As long as everyone could have a weapon, we'll have some gun power protecting everyone anyways."

With the knowledge of knowing we had enough weapons, there was a little wave of relief surrounding our group.

"Whoever did this, I'll make sure to bash their brains in," a man named Changkyun grumbled.

"Honestly, their brain is probably already smashed," responded Junji.

"Whoever it is, let's hope they also made a cure," a woman named Yeri added.

As everyone mingled along with each other, I looked back out on the streets. Every block had these monsters limping along, barely leaving any space between each other.

I couldn't believe how many and how suddenly the monsters appeared. Just the day before, everything was normal. Not a single man-eating monster in sight, just normal people living their lives.

Continuing to stare out into the streets, I noticed something standing out of the crowd. It looked to be a person, in a dark cloak. "Guys, I think there's a survivor down there..."

Everyone from the group gathered and peered from above the ledge.

"You're right... maybe they need our help. Hey—" Changkyun was pulled back by Johnny, who signaled to keep quiet.

"Are you crazy? Do you have any idea what will happen if they notice us?"

"It... it seems to be too late," Dahyun muttered.