Ch.17 Sick

~Y/n pov~

Luffy's shadow had been turned into a massive zombie.

It was a long battle but it was finally over... or so I thought.

Every time we fight we almost die.

But I'm still alive somehow every time.

I coughed and wheezed quietly as blood dribbled out the side of my mouth.

My body hurt and I could barely move.

I rolled onto my side and spat blood on the floor.

Zoro was fighting someone.

My body hurt too much to move and everyone else was unconscious.

Oh that's the crazy guy who blew up the island...

What's his name again?

Kuma...

Zoro shakily got to his feet, "Instead of taking his... I would appreciate it if you took my life instead."

I went to speak, yell, anything..

But all that came out was a pathetic squeak.

I felt so frustrated.

I couldn't do anything. I was powerless for the first time in a while.

"My bounty is worth much yet but I was going to become the greatest swordsman in the world!" Zoro had a look of determination in his eyes, "This should be a far trade?"

"Are you really willing to die for that man when you harbour such great ambition?" Kuma asked.

"Right now, it's the only way to save my crew mates." Zoro replied with a bitter smile, "My ambition means nothing if I can't protect my own captain. Luffy will become the King of the Pirates!"

"Wait, you idiot! What good will come from your death?"

My eyes widened as Sanji came into view.

So he's awake too.

"What happened to your ambition, stupid?" Sanji scoffed, "Instead of taking that moss head swordsman's life, take mine! The marines still don't think much of me, but before long, I'll be the most dangerous member of this crew. I'm Black foot Sanji!"

They'd both sacrifice their life to save Luffy.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

We really made some good friends and crew mates.

"Take my life instead. Please give my regards to the others... You'll have to find a new cook..." Sanji trailed off.

Zoro stood up and swung his sword at Sanji, smacking him hard in the stomach.

Sanji's knees gave way and he fell to the ground weakly.

"I'm begging you." Zoro threw his swords.

"If I harm Straw hat now, I will only bring shame to myself." Kuma stated with a sigh.

"I am in your debt."

Kuma walked over to Luffy and pulled out a weird red bubble.

"What I just repelled from his body was pain and fatigue." Kuma explained before pushing the red bubble into Zoro.

Zoro fell to the ground and yelled out in agony.

I wanted to cover my ears but I could barely move.

I coughed and finally I spoke.

"Zoro!" I yelled.

He was laid on the floor weakly.

His eyes met mine and he gave me a sad smile.