Ch.19 Training

~Y/n pov~

A blinding light hit my closed eyes making me groan.

My whole body ached.

I cracked my eyes open and observed my surroundings.

Where am I? I was in an unfamiliar room.

The last thing I remember what the huge blast that flung my body like a rag doll.

My head snapped towards the door as it clicked open.

A young woman walked in with a kind smile, "You're awake. I'm glad."

"Where am I?" I asked her cautiously.

"You're an uninhabited island. No one lives here but me." She continued to smile, "That was quite the fall."

"Yeah.." I muttered, "Who are you?"

She looked surprised for a moment, "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Natsuko."

"The one worth a million berries?!" I asked with wide eyes as I stared at her in awe.

She laughed, "That's me!"

I squinted my eyes at her, "I thought you were like fifty."

"I am. By the way, I already know what happened Rayleigh told me everything."

"You know Rayleigh?!"

~*~

I watched as Natsuko made vines grow from the ground, flowers blooming on them.

"My devil fruit is mainly vines. I control, grow and turn my body into them. It's not the same but I heard you've never used the earth side of your powers in a fight." She turned to me with a proud smile.

I returned the smile, "That's cool. I'd be honoured if you taught me."

Natsuko walked to her garden and crouched near the flowers, "I've heard associating yourself with your powers helps them grow and become stronger. That's why I do lots of gardening."

"Is that true?" I pondered.

The first power I was able to use properly was water... and water is associated with being a pirate.

I learn fire when I met Ace. It was in a hot place too.

Maybe it's right.

"Before I forget... do you know haki?" The old woman brought up.

"No. What's that?"

"You'll need it in the new world. I'll explain the basics of it. Haki is said to be a mysterious power that allows the user to utilize their own spiritual energy for various purposes. There are many different types of haki. Everyone is capable of using it but only some people awaken the ability to." She explained simply.

"So, what are the different types?"

She smiled at my eagerness to learn, "Well, first there's observation haki which grants the user a sixth sense that allows them to sense the presence, strength, and emotions of others, as well as gain limited precognitive abilities. Then there's armament haki that allows the user to use their own spiritual energy to create, in essence, an invisible armor around themself, providing incredible offensive and defensive capabilities. The rarest one is conquerer's haki. This allows the user to exert their own willpower over others. This type of Haki cannot be attained through training."

I blinked at the huge chunk of information she just told me, "So how do you know which type of haki you have?"

She smirked, "Through hard training."