Ch.22 Hot vs. Cold

~Y/n pov~

A massive volcano erupted as the ship crashed back into the water.

Luffy grinned and pointed towards it excitedly, "Let's go to that island!"

"Luffy. Wait a minute. None of the needles point to that island." Nami sighed.

I shivered as the rain poured down on us, my clothes starting to stick to me.

"Why? That's volcano looks fun!" Luffy whined in response to Nami.

It's just like before..

I smiled to myself.

My vision was suddenly obscured as something was dumped on my head.

I pulled the f/c object off my head and noticed my raincoat.

"Put this on already." Zoro sighed, ruffling his hand through my wet hair.

I pulled my coat on and gave him a grateful smile.

Then, I heated up my body in order to dry my clothes as Nami and Luffy continued to argue.

"None of the needles are pointing at the island. It's too peculiar even in the strange New world!" Nami argued.

Luffy ignored her, "Who cares about the needles? Let's just go!"

"We can't get closer! The seas on fire." Nami retorted, an annoyed expression on her face.

Luffy grumbled in response but then a determined smile appeared  on his face as Franky went along with his antics and took the wheel.

"Volcano!" Luffy cheered, clinging on to my arm.

There was a sudden crying noise, startling me.

"What's that?" Usopp called.

We ran into the kitchen to see the transponder snail crying.

Luffy stopped in front of it, "What's this? The transponder snail is crying. Hey, what's wrong?! You have a stomach ache?"

"Fool! That's an emergency signal." Sanji responded, "Somebody's calling for help."

"If I pick it up, can I hear it!"

"Wait, Luffy! More than fifty percent of these signals are fake. It could be a trap by the navy." Robin tried to warn him but it was already too late because Luffy had answered it.

"Hello? My name is Monkey D. Luffy and I'm gonna become King of the Pirates." He answered in a serious tone.

Usopp smacked him over the head, "You picked up too fast and said too much."

"Help me! Is this the boss? It's cold." The other person cried.

"No, I'm not the boss. Is it cold there?" Luffy asked even though he had just told us it was cold.

"My colleagues are getting cut one after another! The samurai are gonna kill us!"

Zoro raised eyebrow, "Samurai?"

"I'm on Punk Hazard!" The man yelled.

Then there was a scream before the line was cut.

"Maybe it was acting? It could be a trap." Sanji stated.

"Speaking of samurai..." Zoro brought us back to the topic at hand.

"Yes. That's the name of the swordsmen from the Wano Kingdom." Brook informed us, "The Wano Kingdom - closed off to the outside world. It's not even affiliated with the world government."

~*~

We all picked straws to see who would be going on the island.

Of course me and Luffy already wanted to go which shocked a few of them.