Ch.18 Separated

~Y/n pov~

"Yum!" Luffy exclaimed as he shoved takoyaki into his mouth.

"See? Hatchin's takoyaki is the best in the world, right?" Camie smiled.

I watched as Luffy shoved all of it in his mouth before touching the pan that was still cooking.

He quickly recoiled, grabbing his burn hand, "Ouch."

Sanji shoved one in his mouth and stared in thought, "It really is good. What is this stuff?"

I cringed as I watched half the crew stuff their faces with it.

"Do you want some, Nami?" Hachi asked after a moment of hesitation.

We all froze and were silent while waiting for her response.

Nami silently ate one.

"So, how does it taste?"

After a moment of silence, Nami finally spoke.

"This doesn't mean I'm going to forgive you for anything."

Hachi waved his arms around rapidly, "No, of course not. I just wanted to know how it tasted. I really just wondered how you like the taste..."

Nami smiled, "They're really tasty."

"I see." Hachi stared crying happily.

I ate some as well, obviously, but not as much as the others.

"Everyone! Wait up! You can't leave without saying goodbye." A voice called.

"Who's that?" Luffy asked with his mouth full.

"I'm handsome- oh, my mistake. I'm Duval."

I stood next to the railing and watched as they came into view.

"I altered his bone structure. Now he can't complain to me again." Sanji told us casually.

"Wow, Mr Black foot. When I woke up after you kicked the crap out of me, we were very surprised! You made me this handsome! I'm enchanted!" Duval gushed.

Why do we always meet the weirdos?

After a while of talking, Duval finally left.

~*~

Camie pulled out a map, "We're on the right track. Our destination is the Sabaody Archipelago."

Usopp peered over her shoulder, "Do we have to go there to get to Fishman island?"

"We fishmen and mermaids cane get there easily by diving, bur you're humans, so I'd you dove, the pressure will kill you." Hachi explained as he poured himself another cup of tea.

"Yeah, we barely held out in the submarine." Franky agreed.

"So we have to pass through Sabaody Archipelago?" I asked.

Camie nodded, "There are two routes that can take you to the new world."

The weird starfish then started talking, "But for outlaws like you guys, only one is possible. One of them, at the request of the government, involves crossing the city built on top of the Red Line, the holy land, Marie Jois. Naturally, there's no way they'd grant permission for pirates to cross."

"We have to walk over? Then, what do we do with our ship?" Chopper asked.

"You'd have to abandon your ship and buy a similar one on the other side."

This made Franky spit his tea out, "Abandon the ship?!"

"Yeah, it costs money and it takes time but it's the safest way, so that's what most do." The starfish explained, "For the route you'll take, you can keep your ship. It's called... The sea floor route via Fishman island."