Meeting Her

Ivan:

I walk around the rack of sweaters to come face to face with the lamb that was staring at me. "I'm sorry that I was staring at you, but your eyes..." She said quietly.

I ruffle my hair, blocking my eyes. Pop always told me to hide them from everyone else because they were very hypnotic to those who weren't used to the color. "Oh, yeah. Sorry bout that."

She seemed a little confused. "Why are you sorry? I was the one staring."

I smiled at her. "I just It's just a habit."

"You know, you really should show your eyes more, there just so..."

"Hypnotic." I finished.

She shook her head. "Not necessarily, more like they give off a welcoming warmth. Oh, that sounded weird. What I ment was that I really like them."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Oh, thank you."

There was an awkward silence before she asked, "So what's your name, mysterious red eyed wolf?"

I felt embarrassed. "Oh, sorry, my name's Ivan. What's yours?"

She smiled at me. "My name is Frieda." She looks at my watch. "Oh, I gotta go, or I'm gonna miss my movie."

I check the time and realize it's almost time for me to go too. "I do too, I can walk you there."

She perks up. "Okay, then let's go." She leads the way out of the store.

We check our movie tickets side to side, we were going to same one! We met up with Aunt Rose and Frieda's mom. We all chatted for a little while then went in to watch the movie.