Polyjuice Potion Kiss

Year: 4

Canonicity: Canon to "The Mudblood", Chapter 73

Point of View: third person limited, Melody Flemming

Notes: How Melody convinced Draco Malfoy to kiss Lainey Fitzroy

Melody Flemming hadn't thought she would enjoy a day in Lainey Fitzroy's body; the only reason she'd tampered with the Polyjuice Potions to prolong the effects was because she knew it would irk everyone else—which it did.

But after hexing everyone who'd called her 'Mudblood' and spitting insults at that blood traitor Weasley with Fitzroy's lips, Melody was beginning to realize that she quite liked ruining someone else's life in such a discreet and conniving way. Which was why, when Draco Malfoy swaggered into the Slytherin common room with the intent of berating her, she didn't resort to violence, as she normally would have; instead, she waited patiently until he barked a classic, "Mudblood!" and then whipped her head toward him with slivered eyes.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" she retorted in the most petty voice she could muster. When Malfoy noticed that the volume of her voice had provoked a few heads to turn, he grabbed her wrist and yanked her out of the armchair she'd been occupying.

"Come with me," he growled, tugging her across the common room toward the dormitories. Normally, she would have taken this opportunity to utilize her Target Knife against someone who thought he had so much power over her, but now... It was difficult for Melody to suppress a devious smirk as Malfoy thought he was dragging Fitzroy to a private conversation.

He chose the fourth year girls' dormitory rather than his own, which Melody would have thought odd if it didn't confirm the fact that Fitzroy let him in here often enough that he felt entitled to entering without consent. Halfway through the doorway, though, he paused, hearing the rush of water and cacophonous singing that was radiating from the bathroom.

"It's just Astoria," Melody mumbled, jerking her wrist out of Malfoy's hands and crossing her arms over her chest in a way that seemed childish enough to suit Fitzroy. After peering out into the corridor, as if in fear someone might see them, she kicked the door closed and said, "What?"

His grey eyes lingered on her hand, nearly buried in the crook of her elbow. "How did it heal?"

Melody had been aware of Fitzroy's bleeding hand—and of the fact that it had healed upon her transformation under the Polyjuice Potion. Why this frazzled Malfoy so much, she couldn't be sure. "Magic," was all she said in response.

"Rubbish," he snapped immediately, taking a step closer. "Last time it didn't heal until I touched it."

This was an interesting piece of information. Magic that allowed a person to heal by touch sounded eerily familiar, and if Malfoy or Fitzroy possessed it...

"Perhaps you're not as special as you thought you were," Melody drawled, waving him off as she sauntered around her bunk bed toward Fitzroy's closet. She was unsurprised when Malfoy stalked after her and grabbed her shoulder to spin her around and pin her to the stone wall—but Fitzroy would have been, so she feigned bewilderment. "Get your hands off me!"

"How did you heal it?" he seethed, his breath hot on her face. If Melody wanted to, she could have slit his throat and ended him right then, but, of course, Fitzroy was pathetic and weak, so she had to pretend to struggle while maintaining a stubborn scowl.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Because it shouldn't have healed," he ground out, his pale face blooming with color. Melody would have rather seen him writhing in pain, but rage was always amusing to witness. "Did you—did you use dark magic?"

Restraining the cackles that were building up within her was a feat in itself. Fitzroy—use dark magic? It was laughable. But Fitzroy wouldn't have laughed. Nor would she have done what Melody decided to do next, but if Melody hoped to screw up Fitzroy's social life, she would have to make her do something that the Mudblood would never have the guts to do on her own.

"What would you say if I did use dark magic?" Melody challenged, her lips quirking slightly upward. Malfoy bristled at the inflection—at that flirty tone that Fitzroy was probably too naïve to know existed. Slowly, she brought her hand to his abdomen and walked her fingers up the buttons of his shirt. "Would it appeal to you, Malfoy?"

Blanching, his eyes darted down to her creeping fingers, his brows creasing in bafflement. When she reached his tie, she tightened her grip around the fabric and yanked him closer.

"Would you find it sexy?"

His throat bobbed, but there was lust in his eyes as they lingered on her puckered lips. She fought the urge to roll her eyes at how pathetically easy this was by closing the gap between their faces and sinking her lips into his.

Vomiting was her fist instinct, obviously. Draco Malfoy might have been granted good looks, but his personality was cowardly and pitiful. He'd likely never heard of half of the spells she had, and Melody had no doubt that he would shrink away from murder if he was ever faced with the choice of committing it. In no way was he worthy of sharing saliva with her, and the fact that she was subjecting herself to this was embarrassing.

But...this was Fitzroy's body and Fitzroy's mouth and Fitzroy's life that she was really abusing, so she plunged on without remorse, leaning her back against the wall and pulling Malfoy back with her. He had certainly been waiting for this opportunity for quite some time because, though his kissing was sloppy and nauseating, he was passionate and unrelenting. There was no hesitation when he ground his hips against hers and slipped his fingers under the back of her shirt.

So enthralled by Fitzroy's body, Malfoy didn't notice when Fitzroy's soul entered the room in the form of another. Melody was acutely aware, however, when her pastel purple head whisked through the room, those green eyes so focused on the dresser that, at first, she didn't notice the snogging pair against the wall.

When she did, though—when Melody saw her own green eyes protrude in horror—she decided that exposing herself to intimacy with someone as repulsive as Draco Malfoy had been worth it.

And she didn't hesitate to let her lips, still clashing with Malfoy's, to slide into a sadistic grin.