1

It was cold , empty and dark . The only thing he had heard was his own scattered breath . The pounding in his head was unbearable , unbearable to the point that his eyes started to water in pain . He couldn't move , nor speak . It was like something was stopping and silencing him .

It was like he was in a completely different world, pitch black. T'was like he was in a dream, separated from reality. From a point of the darkness, light shone in his peripheral vision. To then , he tried turning his head, to see one of his core memories replaying like a song stuck in his head . It was him and his mother, he was happy seeing her again, but why now?

He wanted to give up on her, but he just kept crawling back to her, the memories of them. Tell me, why is it that the person who gave you the best memories become a memory?

Watanabe Kazuya: Watanabe [ Kazuya, Kazu], is a male high school student known for his Intelligence and intimidating appearance, Kazuya is often seen with his 3 friends, Nica Nakamura, Sophia Suzuki, and Niela Shimizu. They were what the others called true comrades.

Kazuya swung upwards; beads of sweat rolled down his cheeks as he woke from his slumber. It was late afternoon, He sat on his bed, rubbing his eyes to remove the sleepiness left from him. His hair was messy, the sleeveless undershirt half lifted, exposing his toned chest, his abdominal muscles appeared like it was shining because of the sunlight directed to it. He shivered as the cold wind blew and hit his body.

The view on his window was amazing, breathtaking even. The way the light from the sun reflected from the buildings of Hyokkei, the lights of the skyscraper, the sky's color pattern. It was silent in his apartment room, just the ac buzzing, the city cars' passing by.

*Ring ring*

The silence was broken by a ringing sound, coming from his mobile phone. The caller id showed and revealed one of his friends, Niela Shimizu herself.

[Niela Shimizu: Kazuya's study partner. Every Monday and Friday after classes, they arrange a meeting in the school library to study. It was always dead silent and empty and had interesting books to read. He enjoys the silent, unawkward quality time between them.]

"Hm? What's up." Kazuya asked, weaving a weary sigh before grabbing his glasses from the bedside and wearing it. It wasn't a rare sight to see Niela calling— for the fourth time today. It was Christmas after all.

"A little birdie told me you liked Starbucks, so would you maybe want to come and accompany us down the street? I already invited the others, so maybe you don't have a choice but to come." Niela smiled, showing Nica drinking her drink while Sophia just waved at the camera, holding her phone.

Kazuya sighed and eventually agreed to come and swing by. Bidding their goodbyes, he lowered the phone and got up to fix himself. He closed his phone, plugged the charger in and carefully placed his clothes and headphones on his bed before making his way to the shower, slamming the door behind him.

After a quick shower, he opened the door while wrapping a towel around his waist, tying his hair to a ponytail before grabbing the clothes he picked out for the short meetup. The shop was nearby, just a few turns and then you've arrived. Changing into his white shirt, he wiped his glasses from the fog before placing it back on his face.

Picking up his phone with the phone charger, he texted Niela and the others a quick 'omw' before shoving the phone in his black bag, slinging it on his shoulders. His jacket was a must to bring, he always had it with him-- Not to bathrooms, of course. He tied his jacket on his waist before leaving his apartment.

The apartment hall was dead silent, giving as the residents inside probably left to visit their friends or loved ones from afar, the rhythmic thunk-tap of his boots striking the carpeted wood below him, down the stairs there was a huge window that had a view of the street. The traffic wasn't that bad, you could say it was slowly clearing up, but of course, the traffic has a main source, what could it be?

Making his way down the stairs, of course a couple had to be fighting right beside the stairs. Kazuya paid no attention and pulled out his headphones, putting it on his head to block out the noises coming from the couple. The cars outside were clearing the path and the streets, almost clean of any car.

Kazuya exited the building, looking left and right before crossing the streets. His eyes stared at the screen of his phone, it's like it was glued onto them. He was too busy looking on his phone to realize a car almost had hit him, probably a drunk driver.