VI

////////////////////

' Fuck..  I got bit , and for sure they're gonna kick me outside .. I'll be alright , I'm fine. Right? '

I thought , fumbling with the bandages i held after wrapping the inflamed bite wound on my leg . I shouldn't let anyone know of this . Not even one . I can't trust them .

////////////////////

Barricades , door locks , weapons , old clothes , food and water, all in one place. Though it may seem like the place is a little messed and fucked , it was enough to shelter all of them for a few days , weeks , or even months if they don't run out of food.

The doors , possible entrance or exit points were blocked from the inside , even some tables blocking incase the wooden barricades weren't good enough . If it makes them feel safe , they do it . If it feels threatening to any of them , they oblige and fix it by one move .

Then came the afternoon . They haven't quite settled in , and the noise of the infected banging at their entrance was enough to entice them to check . Though , smart choice of them to focus on their defense before the offense.

" Ivan , you're bleeding out on your leg . You didn't put the bandage correctly- Let me help . "

" Oh- No , no . I'm fine . Thanks anyway Suzuki. "

Sophia grimaced , the sweat from Ivan's forehead dripping down . He looked awfully pale , paler than usual . Her hands made it's way grabbing his hand. His hand was cold. Of like a lifeless body . Was he bitten ? she then rotated his arm , revealing the veins being shown in his arms. He was cold , the visual veins , he couldn't show his injuries , his condition was unclear , simply worsening .

" Holy Shit , What happened to you? You look awful? "

" Thanks , It's just the cold . Don't mind me please . " Ivan pleaded , straightening his leg muscles , letting extra blood flow .

" Stop , You're gonna lose alot of blood. D'you want blood loss ? Let me handle it ."

---------------------------

December 26th , 2032 - 4:27 PM

---------------------------

Kazuya , Nica , Souma , and Niela ,, assigned on a task to fix the inside of their bigger place . To make it cozy and enough to stay in for a few weeks or months . It may not seem much for some folks , but shelter is all they need. A shelter with good enough resources .

" Hey- I found a first aid kit and some food in the drawers, can I get a hand over here? " Souma , who was rummaging through the cabinets , grabbing every last bit of resource he could grab . 

" We're not looting this place , we're staying. "  Kazuya replied , blankly staring at Souma from afar . Souma , whose hands were full of food and drinks replied with a frank ' o ' before setting the food on the table . Some still don't trust each other , some dislike each other . 

After a few minutes , probably an hour or so, the zombie's noises had died down  which was a relief for all of them. Everyone could rest properly , eat well together , get to know each other more , or just plan out survival routes for better chances of escaping  alive. It had been a couple of hours since they've met , so why not take advantage of the temporary peace by gettin' to know each other?

------------
------------

The smell of dead bodies , sights of rotting bodies in front of me. The eyes red in color , veins popping out visually on the skin , pale in color . The lab was a mess , and all that was left in was a scientist , and what seems like a rotting corpse tied in a stretcher. The corpse wasn't dead , nor alive . 

" The symptoms seem to be involuntary movement , pale skin , veins being more visible to the eye... and the eyes swollen red. Some subjects- might've escaped. What could be the cure to this phenomenon . "

Eyes of gold stared at those of bloodshot , red eyes. The 'corpse' was trying to break its restraints , the strength of the infected is increased . Making them physically more stronger than the usual humans .  The virus functions as to infect the open wound ( ex. Already open wound gets an infected's blood inside , infects the human itself. ) , traveling throughout the body until it reaches the brain .

Unlike the normal  human being , the infected , also called to the term 'zombie' ,, have different brain function and scent . The scent of a completely infected or turned zombie , smells like a rotting corpse . A zombie's decomposition liquifies most of the brain , but  it can continue to power the zombie body by keeping the brain stem alive .

An extraordinary information found  , he'd say.

" This experiment was well , but the cure .. remains unfound in— Huh? " Thoughts remained unknown as the infected , who was previously tied , had broken its restraints and is now charging towards the last scientist in the whole laboratory.

-------------
-------------

In Hyokkei City ..

Three , Three of the infected seem to have passed the barrier unnoticed by other citizens , thinking they were only the same , drunk addict passersby . Well not until 2 of them started pouncing and biting other people , spreading the virus ,, people to people .

Cars on fire , some in buildings , some had broken windows and doors . The citizens were panicking , some even trying to fight back , only to be devoured by the infected .

Some started fleeing from the cars and buildings , some barricaded their doors and windows. The city was a wreck compared to before .

------------
------------