Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

"They came back. Every day, the Fire Nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang! Y/N! Both of you could end it, now. Think about it" he said. Aang and I look at each other, not knowing what to say.

What should we do now?

-Forcing the Avatar State-

Y/N P.O.V

Aang and I have discussed with each other. Now we are walking towards General Fong's office. Aang and I walk hand in hand, trying to comfort each other.

"General Fong?" Aang said, as we stand in front of the entrance. "Come in, Aang... Y/N. Have you thought about our discussion?" He said. Aang and I look at each other. I nod my head, he nods back.

"We're in..." I said. "We'll fight the Fire Lord" Aang said. He smiles widely at our answers. He nods his head in satisfaction with our decision.

***

Aang and I enter the bedroom where the four of us will be staying in. I jump into the top bed. Aang sits down in his. "We told the General we'd help him, by going into the Avatar state" Aang said. Katara sits up by what he said.

"No! This is not the right way!" She said. "Why not? Remember when they took out the Fire Navy? They were incredible!" Sokka said. "There's a right way to do this. Practice, study, and discipline!" Katara said, trying to argue with us.

"Or just glow it up and stop that Fire Lord!" Sokka said. "If you three meat heads want to throw away everything we've worked for, fine, go ahead and glow it up! What about you, Y/N? Usually you're the most mature out of all of us. Why aren't you saying a thing about this?" She said.

"Katara, we're just being realistic. I'm sorry. But it's pretty tiring to be mature all the time. I'm tired of being like this. I just want everything to be over with!" I said. "Y/N's right. We don't have time to do this the right way! Even Y/N who's been a fast learner is hesitates" he said, gesturing towards me.

The Next Day

"This rare chi-enhancing tea is a natural stimulant. In an ordinary warrior, it improves strength and energy ten-fold. In both of you, it may induce the Avatar states" the soldier said, pouring some tea into two mug.

"Ten-fold energy, huh?" Aang said. "Well, then... uh... cheers?" I said. He clink the mug with me. Then we take a sip. I turn to look at Aang as his eyebrow twitches. I feel surge of energy going through my body.

***

"Is it working? Is it working?" I yelled. "I can't tell! Somebody tell us if we're in the Avatar State 'cause I don't have a good view of myself!" Aang yelled too. "Are we talking too loud?" I said.

"I guess they could talk the Fire Lord to death" I hear Sokka said, as I feel dizzy. We spin around in circle and bumps into each other.

I sit up, seeing my sight spinning. "I don't feel so good. I think I'm just going to uhh... take a nap..." I said, I fall backward and instantly fall asleep.

Time-skip

"Maybe I can shock both of you into the Avatar states" Sokka said. "Sure!" I said, smiling. "We love surprises!" Aang joins in. I feel hands covering my eyes.

Then the person removes their hands. I open my eyes to see Sokka with Momo as a head. "Ahhh!!" I screamed. Aang screams as well. I look at him and he looks back at me. "Still not glowing..." he said. I nod my head in agreement.

***

"The two of you are now wearing a ceremonial piece of clothing from each of the bending nations. Now I will join the four elements into one! Water! Earth! Fire! And air! Four elements together as one!" An oracle guy said. He raises the bowl and throw the content at us.

"This is just mud..." Aang said. "So... any of you feel something?" The man said. "Nope... except... my nose starting to itch" I said, twitching my nose from the itch. "Me too..." Aang said. The two of us sneezes, causing the mud to fly everywhere and covers them. I let out a nervous laugh at the sight.

"Oops..." I said. General Fong give us a straight face. "We have to find a way..." he said. "At this point. I'm starting to believe this is just a waste of time" I said, earning a look from the General. I look away and whistle softly.

Evening

The sun is now setting in the horizon. I sit by the edge of the railing. Hugging one of my knee while letting the other one dangle. Aang is sitting next to me with his back leaning against me.

I hear footsteps coming closer. I turn my head to, but I make sure to not move my body or Aang will fall off. "Can we talk about something?" She said. "Sure..." Aang said, while I just nod my head.

"Do you remember when we were at the air temple and you found Monk Gyatso's skeleton? It must have been so horrible and traumatic for you. I saw you get so upset that you weren't even you anymore..." she said. I furrow my eyebrow as she just looks at Aang.

"And you Y/N... when you saw b/n died in front of you. You got so angry that you nearly blow up the entire village..." she said, turning to look at me. I look down at what she said.

"I'm not saying the Avatar State doesn't have incredible and helpful power ... but you have to understand ... for the people who love you, watching you be in that much rage and pain is really scary..." she said.

I let out a sigh. "Look Katara... we're glad that you told me that" I said. Aang nods his head. "But we need to do this..." he said. "I don't understand..." Katara said, looking upset by our decisions.

"No, you don't" I said, agreeing with her comment. "Every day, more and more people die. We're already one hundred years late. Defeating the Fire Lord is the only way to stop this war. We have to try it!" Aang said. "I'm sorry, Katara..." I said.

She nods her head. "I can't watch you two do this to yourselves. I'm not coming tomorrow. Good night..." she said. Then she just walks away. "Good night..." Aang said. I just look away sadly.

"We have to try, Y/N... we have no other choices. Our time is running thin..." Aang said. I nod my head. "Yeah..." I said. He smiles softly at me and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him back tightly. I just hope nothing bad will happen tomorrow.

*to be continued*